Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Standard Magazines

+3
cdrt
chopper
Bmitch996
7 posters

Go down

High Standard Magazines Empty High Standard Magazines

Post by Bmitch996 Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 pm

I'm looking for some good Victor, Trophy, Military type magazines.  Bought a couple off of EBay recently and don't know what brands they are.  The first one I tried at the range today it was very loose and sloppy in the mag well and didn't function very well.  The second one arrived  in the mail today and fits much more snugly and seems to function well.  With the firing pin removed from the slide I cycled a bunch of ammo through with no hiccups.  However it doesn't drop out of the mag well freely, I have to push down on it from the top.

Any one have experience with TripleK 990M mags? What other replacement magazines are out there that work?

Thanks

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

High Standard Magazines Empty Re: High Standard Magazines

Post by chopper Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 am

Here's a good website to help you with your magazine issues.
 https://www.histandard.info/Jim_Barta/

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:42 am

You might want to check this old posting for advice.
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t7686-high-standard-magazine-adjustment-advice
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

High Standard Magazines Empty Hi Standard Magazines

Post by Soldierlee Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:59 am

Most of the Hi Standard magazines on Ebay are Triple K, which are poor reproductions with weak feed lips. Your best option is to go to the site "Interarms, Texas", to get high quality magazines made to the original Hi Standard specifications. They also offer a free magazine fitting program if you send them your pistol.

Soldierlee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tallthinliar Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:01 pm

I bought 2 triple K. They don’t work well. Wouldn’t buy them again

Tallthinliar

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:52 pm

Since you didn't make a reference to adjusting the magazines I will start with that.  If you didn't know this, HS magazines will need to be adjusted for your gun to shoot your chosen ammo.  You might get lucky and get a combo that works right off the bat (like your number 2 mag did) but that is the exception.  There is a tool made for this but I have seem a home made version that probably works just as well.  If you need instructions, I have a pdf of my paper instructions I could email if you wanted them.  I recently did that for another member here.  
 If your mag #1 can be adjusted to work OK, I wouldn't be too concerned if it's a little loose. I have mags like that and they are fine.  If it really bothers you, you can devise some sort of thin spacer you can put near the bottom to make the fit a bit more snug.
  On your Mag # 2, you might be able to identify the high spot on the magazine body where it is rubbing and polish that down.  I have a Houston gun and a Connecticut magazine that does what you are describing.  Mine could not be polished enough to work smoothly but I did improve it enough to get it in/out with out too much work.  I personally stopped short of trying to bend the metal in but if you have that knowledge/experience maybe you can.
  Original Connecticut magazine are supposed to be the best with Houston/Interams being decent too.  I have both and use both and have been satisfied.  I have a Mitchell SS Magazine with a broken base plate that works 100% in 3 different HS pistols with no adjustment so go figure on that one.  Mitchell was known as junk but I am pretty lucky with that magazine.  I have always heard to stay away from Triple K.  They may make good mags for other designs but not the HS.  Their feed lips do not hold the adjustment well.
  One last note on magazine adjustment. With the good ones, once the magazine is adjusted and working you shouldn't have to touch it again until you drop it or change ammo. 

Good Luck.
John

John Dervis

wjwillia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:06 pm

Thanks everyone,  I was most interested in peoples experience with TripleK mags and if there is an acceptable replacement magazine.

I'm trying to resurrect a HS Victor that I mothballed a while ago.  I've got several good mags as well as HS parts/tools, unfortunately they are all back in California and I won't be back there for a while.

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by wjwillia Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 pm

I got two from Bob at Gunparts.  He makes them in house he said.  They fed high at first, but once I adjusted the feed lips to match my old original magazine they work perfect.  Good price too.

gunparts@hsnp.com

Good luck.

wjwillia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down