Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One lower…pros cons of a conversion and 45 setup on one lower.

4 posters

Go down

One lower…pros cons of a conversion and 45 setup on one lower.  Empty One lower…pros cons of a conversion and 45 setup on one lower.

Post by Jwhelan939 4/22/2024, 5:56 pm

I really like the trigger on my 45. I am switching from my Pardini to a conversion. I am contemplating using my 45 lower for both the conversion and the cf/45 segments. Any major cons? I feel like the prep period is more than enough time to swap. May even help the mental program by having a task to focus on. 
Thoughts?

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

One lower…pros cons of a conversion and 45 setup on one lower.  Empty Re: One lower…pros cons of a conversion and 45 setup on one lower.

Post by chiz1180 4/22/2024, 6:16 pm

The lowers for my 22 conversions are optimized to run the conversions. I typically have a different mainspring in the conversion lowers than my 45 lowers. I do have one setup (my first one) that I can swap from 22 to 45, I just found it easier to have a dedicated lower. In my case I feel it helps keep both my 22 and 45 reliable.

If you do end up swapping back and forth, be sure to keep everything clean.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

One lower…pros cons of a conversion and 45 setup on one lower.  Empty Re: One lower…pros cons of a conversion and 45 setup on one lower.

Post by rrampe 4/22/2024, 6:20 pm

That is exactly what I did and it helped me to get to HM. You are shooting one grip.one trigger etc.
Nothing changes and your 45 scores will improve. If your 22 scores go down slightly in the beginning stick with it, they will go back up.

Best of luck

rrampe

Back to top Go down

Post by JRV 4/22/2024, 6:40 pm

This is my exact setup. Springfield lower with a 4.2 lb short roll trigger, running on a 19 lb majnspring. Conversions run just fine. I think I’ve had… one alibi across three seasons?

I am shooting mid-to-high 280s with the .22 regularly and low 290s when everything clicks… a Pardini or Hammerli might bump that up a couple points by virtue of a better trigger and nicer sights, but then the jump up to CF/45 would be significant every match.

JRV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down