Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sources of Trigger Creep?

4 posters

Go down

Sources of Trigger Creep? Empty Sources of Trigger Creep?

Post by tovaert 5/13/2024, 12:23 pm

Besides the geometry of the hammer hooks (square, 0.020" depth), and the profile of the sear nose (radius or primary/secondary cuts), are there other sources of trigger creep? Trigger and hammer pins fit great. Trigger pull is about 4-1/4#. 

I was thinking about perhaps somewhat sloppy trigger bow fit in the frame, or too much clearance between the trigger shoe and frame? Something that could be caused by the disconnector?

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Sources of Trigger Creep? Empty Re: Sources of Trigger Creep?

Post by Tim:H11 5/13/2024, 2:00 pm

Not every frame has pin holes located precisely in the same place. .020” on the hooks might be a touch long. Could need to be shortened a thousandth or two.. could be the angle of the sear… are you desiring a crisp trigger?
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Olde Pilot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 5/14/2024, 2:18 am

Trigger shoe fit to tight in receiver, sear spring center leaf not properly radiused and polished, head of disco dragging in receiver and or contacting the slide. That's all I can think of right now.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

tovaert and JRV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert 5/14/2024, 6:14 am

Tim:H11 wrote:Not every frame has pin holes located precisely in the same place. .020” on the hooks might be a touch long. Could need to be shortened a thousandth or two.. could be the angle of the sear… are you desiring a crisp trigger?
Yes

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert 5/14/2024, 6:18 am

kc.crawford.7 wrote:Trigger shoe fit to tight in receiver, sear spring center leaf not properly radiused and polished, head of disco dragging in receiver and or contacting the slide. That's all I can think of right now.
Thank you for the suggestions.

tovaert

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 5/15/2024, 11:03 am

Lots of things some as mentioned but sear and hammer pin hole larger than pin diameter, may not be parallel also. Large hole in hammer and sear. Disconnector can cause issues too! I don't know how shoe will cause drag unless it's hitting the frame (inside the trigger guard). One thing that surprised me was my trigger started to get a little creep. So I decided to do trigger job and disassembled the gun. Always wanted an Aluminum Bronze trigger so decided to make one since I working on the trigger pull. Every 1911 trigger I put a micrometer on is .246" wide yet every 1911 frame the slot is .250" and more. mine was .255" on top and .254" on the bottom. Height don't match either. So I made a trigger that fit so there was no noticeable movement up/down and left right. I did nothing else and decided to try it without doing a trigger job. My pins are made to fit snug. To my surprise the creep went away! I didn't expect that so I assume contact between bow and disconnector can also add to creep issues.

Froneck

tovaert likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down