Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Competitor Meeting

+10
Rob Kovach
clark2245
DavidR
spursnguns
Danehogle
james r chapman
r_zerr
sixftunda
Jack H
dronning
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NRA Competitor Meeting - Page 2 Empty NRA Competitor Meeting

Post by dronning 7/12/2015, 8:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Any feedback/information from those that attended?

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

NRA Competitor Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: NRA Competitor Meeting

Post by john bickar 7/15/2015, 12:15 am

I honestly wouldn't know where to go on the NRA website to find where there might be bullseye matches in a given area. I know that Shooting Sports USA has a link to an almost-impenetrable PDF with match listings, but there's no way a neophyte would know that.

The NRA does do a hell of a job, though, with posting Camp Perry results online. That is a real treat for someone who hasn't been able to make it back there in too many years.

Plus, I get a kick out of seeing 17-year-old me every time I go to the NRA Competitions Division site:

NRA Competitor Meeting - Page 2 2shooters
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 7/22/2015, 8:57 am

THANK YOU, to all the shooters who made the time to attend the Competitor's Meeting at Camp Perry.  Looking at the roster of 51 shooters who attended, then looking at the size of the room, I'm not sure how you all squeezed in.  But you did and despite the tight fit, limited seating, insects and no "AC", a lot of issues were brought up and discussed for more than 90 minutes.  Thank you for the respect you showed each person who spoke.  A special thanks to Pistol Committee member Kenn Boyd and NRA Pistol Coordinator Damien Orsinger for attending and for adding their knowledgeable input.  In preparing my informal meeting notes for the Pistol Committee Chairman, Bill Allen, I listened carefully to all comments that were recorded.  There were several items that fell within the responsibility of the Pistol Committee to address.  I will ensure that the Committee's agenda reflects those items and I would like to solicit your input, specifically on the rewrite of the three divisions (Rule 3) and the rewrite of the Service Pistol specifications (Rules 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2 and 3.17.  As for the items that were not directly linked to the Pistol Committee's responsibility, I as a Bullseye competitor and NRA Board member will forward them within NRA and request a response on NRA's ability to address these issues.  I will provide feedback to the group.  Based on some of the comments and questions within this topic,  I will get the answers as soon as I'm able and post them.  Thanks again for your participation in the Competitor's Meeting and your dedication to supporting and improving our Bullseye shooting sport.

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 7/24/2015, 11:39 pm

A few yrs ago I helped a friend run a muzzleloader match @ Perry. It was the week after Perry and the line & block officers were holdovers from the matches.

We met with the warrant officer to go over procedures etc. At that time we were going through one of the Matches leaving Perry rumors. I asked the w/o about it and he showed the schedule which is always set several yrs in advance for the convenience/needs of all 3 parties.

Whoever mentioned the local and political pressure that can be brought to bear is correct. That being said, if Ohio pols were convinced a move was very likely Cardinal being an Ohio facility would be important.

Ron Habegger
39 yrs a Catawba resident.

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle 7/25/2015, 8:48 am

Again your correct Ron. I have been told that this has been addressed...
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 7/26/2015, 2:21 pm

I would like to see the committee come up with a specific allowance that spells out opening and deepening the rear sight notch as an exception to "no modifications" for iron sight matches where no modifications are required.  Seeing the front sight through narrow rear notches is a handicap for us old guys.  We should be able to accommodate that in the rules.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 7/26/2015, 2:34 pm

Jack,

Are you thinking about CMP's "as-issued" matches?  Even so, I've never heard of a referee measuring a rear sight notch nor can I think of a rule in either book that would count that as a "modification".

If you had replaced your rear sight with some kind of an adjustable notch rear sight, then I think you might have trouble.

Did you have trouble with any referee giving you static about your sights in the past?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 7/26/2015, 3:49 pm

I'd consider "modification" being akin to welding a disc on your rear blade, making it an aperture sight. or, grinding the serrations off your trigger. not notching out your sight width and height.

but, that's just MHO...
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 7/27/2015, 7:45 am

For those who were wondering what the process is for being nominated to the NRA Board of Directors, I invite you to check out the July issue of NRA pubs.  Page 60 for those receiving First Freedom.  PM me if you have any questions or would like me to send you the nomination info.

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/17/2015, 12:14 pm

Wonder if Brian Zins would consider running?

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2