Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golly..shot Bullseye for the first time and was that FUN

+10
Phil McGrath
Derek_street
BE Mike
LenV
ChipEck
orpheoet
BaldingEagle
mspingeld
john bickar
Laminarman
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Golly..shot Bullseye for the first time and was that FUN - Page 2 Empty Golly..shot Bullseye for the first time and was that FUN

Post by Laminarman 5/5/2016, 9:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm intrigued by the sport and that it focuses on ME, not on my competitors (at least for now) and tonight finally got a chance to shoot.  I watched the guys shoot a few weeks back indoors, man did that look BORING.  Tonight was outdoor, the first of the season. Everyone was helpful and it was WAY MORE FUN shooting than watching.  I did reasonably well I suppose. I don't know if this is typical but they shot slow, timed, rapid with both .22 and large caliber for a total of 60 shots I believe.   All I know is I had a total blast and can't wait for next week.  The biggest problem is it looks like I'll need one of those boxes, a spotting scope, a brass catcher...good grief.  But I love toys so I'll deal I guess Smile .  FYI, my handloads of 3.9 WST under an SNS cast and coated 200gr SWC performed pretty well, until I had a jam and that embarrassed me...and when I hung the wrong size target center at 50 yards and help up the line.  But I didn't get any grief so all is well.  I wish I found this decades ago when I had better fine motor control.

Laminarman

Back to top Go down

Golly..shot Bullseye for the first time and was that FUN - Page 2 Empty Re: Golly..shot Bullseye for the first time and was that FUN

Post by Derek_street 6/3/2016, 8:52 pm

Well last week I shot my second match. I improved 78 points from the first match to this one. We shoot an 1800 match. Loving it

Derek_street

Back to top Go down

Golly..shot Bullseye for the first time and was that FUN - Page 2 Empty Re: Golly..shot Bullseye for the first time and was that FUN

Post by ChipEck 6/3/2016, 9:37 pm

I would encourage you to keep a logbook on your scores.  I take a picture of my score card on my phone before turning it in.  When I get home I record in a log book.  This does a couple of things.
You remember the match and can learn from mistakes.  It also shows you how you are improving over time. Also gives you great memories.  I include the date, location, and anything else I can remember.
ChipEck
ChipEck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2