Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL ammo testing day

+4
Jon Eulette
STEVE SAMELAK
Rob Kovach
Magload
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LL ammo testing day - Page 2 Empty LL ammo testing day

Post by Magload Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not to happy with my Ransom Rest LL test today of my Zero 185gr JHP and SWCHP loads.  The range benches just are not good platforms to mount the RR on.  They are 1x6 boards across uprights.  The JHP did 2.15" and the SCWHP did 2.41" both 10 shot groups.  I shot the same size group using a arm rest.  I really think if I put my 2-6x pistol scope on the LB just for testing I could sell the Ransom as I wouldn't need it.  From the testing I did with the SNS cast SWCs I know that by changing the load of BE by a .1gr at a time the groups may tighten up on the SWCHPs.  I did that with the JHPs and the group tightened up till I hit 4.1gr then after that started opening up again.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

LL ammo testing day - Page 2 Empty Re: LL ammo testing day

Post by jglenn21 Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:04 pm

if memory servers the frame slips down into the rectangular piece and the rear bolts tighten it... but, it's been a long time since I saw one.. I think Jon is right that the AMU had one ..

jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:04 am

If you are getting 2.15 off of a wooden bench, you have a decent load. Are you testing 30 rounds or 10?
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2