Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem

5 posters

Go down

S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem Empty S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem

Post by Bullseye99 Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:03 am

I'm trying to mount an Ultradot Matchdot II  on my brand new PC model 41. The rib cut into the gun only allows the placement of the sight  at the muzzle end of the gun, making the eye relief too far forward and the whole setup very awkward looking. Also the front sight being very high needs to be removed to accommodate the tube. 
If I mount the sight only using one (1) scope ring at the front end of the sight, placing it in the furthest rear cut in notch on the slide, the tube can be pushed back to sit over the rear sight allowing for proper eye relief and a much better looking setup.
I use the Warne QD ring and torque it down to the manufacturer recommended setting, and use the CCI SV 22LR SV ammo.
Is one ring enough to hold the sight steady and in place?
I can use 2 rings that came with with the sight at front end of the tube, but not QD which I need to be able to remove it and use iron sights for some competitions.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bullseye99

Back to top Go down

S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem Empty Re: S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem

Post by Magload Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:12 am

I have mounted a Matchdot II that way several times to get it where it needed to be.  I was careful never to put pressure on the unsupported end of the sigth and had no problems. Probably not the recommended thing to do but you got to do what you have too.  It does look like something that needs some Duct Tape on it.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem Empty Re: S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem

Post by LenV Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 am

Something like this might work. Just an FYI. A red dot has unlimited eye relief.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/sightron-l-shape-ring-mount-for-pistolscope.html

S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem Opplanet-sightron-l-shape-ring-mount-for-pistol-scope-72004-main
Or the one Primary Arms makes. http://www.opticsplanet.com/primary-arms-primary-arms-deluxe-extended-ar15-scope-mount-30mm.html

S&W model 41 PC red dot mount problem Opplanet-primary-arms-primary-arms-deluxe-extended-ar15-scope-mount-30mm-padlxsmext-main
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye99 Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 am

Thank you!

Bullseye99

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:28 am

Never mind...
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Looks like you figured out why the performance center version sucks. Would much rather drill and tap  a rib on the old barrel closer to the rear sight

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down