Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAMP PERRY 2017

+27
H_T_Davis
oldsalt444
budgetbob
MarkOue
CR10X
jmdavis
dronning
Bubba Blaster
Blsi2600
john bickar
ChipEck
Dr.Don
zanemoseley
mpolans
AllAces
Mightyheb
Jack H
straybrit
SteveT
jglenn21
Skid
orpheoet
mtlucas0311
javaduke
KB2MBC
Chris Miceli
james r chapman
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

CAMP PERRY 2017 - Page 3 Empty CAMP PERRY 2017

Post by james r chapman Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Arrived on a beautiful day,place is dead....

Went to the hotel, parking lot is empty,

Hope things pick up.

Vendors are great!

Jim from Hell, Michigan
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

CAMP PERRY 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: CAMP PERRY 2017

Post by Froneck Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 am

I think the problem is there is too many organizations involved (CMP, NRA, Guard and possibly the State of Ohio). My first few years at Perry it ran like clock work. Weather did noting to change the routine, no matter what the weather did there was a plan already in place to handle it. The competitors also knew what to do. DCM, Guard and NRA worked together as one, after completion of the NRA match the Service Pistol matches were run with the same Volunteers and tower personnel. There may have been a few changes because some may have had to leave but for the most part the entire match ran without problems.
 Speaking to a few that are involved with the operation That it was the CMP's idea to run things early and the NRA agreed. The complaining got the NRA's attention, the Match Director was fired and his assistant resigned. From what I'm told the former director went along with everything the CMP wanted. He supposedly never went back to the NRA with anything to improve the match and accepted what money was allocated.  The CMP was well aware of the fact that attendance will drop as the result of the early change. Supposedly when the NRA realized the shooters were angry and attendance will drop took action. LaPierre told the new Director to let them know what it will take to get the match back to where it was. I'm also told that early date was not going to be temporary as we were told.
 Seems the CMP nor anyone else is concerned with what the shooters want. It may be the NRA's concern was more the drop in revenue coming in from all the local matches that got their attention, plus the drop in Perry attendance will require the NRA to foot more since the entry fees collected were going to be much less. However even if we make our dissatisfaction known to the NRA with our dollars they are or seem to be trying to improve the matches. I'm also told the CMP is loaded and well funded but is more interested in the Juniors and International type shooting.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 am

It seems that the CMP cares more about rifle...they do have many more shooters for those events vs pistol.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry.Yuen Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:It seems that the CMP cares more about rifle...they do have many more shooters for those events vs pistol.

Rifle Shooters are a more spirited lot. They drive around the range parking lot at 5am to get a good spot. They wear sweat shirts and leather jackets in the Camp Perry heat and humidity. Some dress up in period uniforms to match their rifle. I've even seen one buy a M1 from the CMP store to compete in the Garand match the next day.
Jerry.Yuen
Jerry.Yuen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3