Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

+14
AllAces
Paper-Puncher
Carbide
s1120
chefmossy
Jim Mc
Jacob53
BHeintz
jakuda
Bryan Coyle
ddivins
N5XTH
SMBeyer
Eages
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go? - Page 2 Empty Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

Post by Eages Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone know here I can get some CCI Standard Velocity?

Eages

Back to top Go down

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

Post by Paper-Puncher Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 am

jakuda,

as far as dude's go . The only ammo I had alot of dudes with was the Equila ...That must have been a bad lot or something .. Ive also had good luck with Eley Sport but just like CCI cant find any now

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

Post by Jerry Goldfarb Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

Eages wrote:Anyone know here I can get some CCI Standard Velocity?

Targetsports.com $275 per case shipped.
Jerry Goldfarb
Jerry Goldfarb

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:41 am

Paper-Puncher wrote:jakuda,

as far as dude's go . The only ammo I had alot of dudes with was the Equila ...That must have been a bad lot or something .. Ive also had good luck with Eley Sport but just like CCI cant find any now

I have heard a lot of people saying that the Eley Sport will not work the action on the High Standards. All I have found at the stores were bricks of it, so I havent picked any up yet to try.

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 am

Was at the gun shop last wkend.....picking up primers and HBWC's...they finally got some std in......34.50 a brick used to be like 26.00ish .

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:33 am

jakuda wrote:I agree, the remingtons have never worked reliably in my Ruger. I haven't tried it in my Marvel. Shooters I know give Remingtons away just to get rid of it.

Yup! Been that way for decades. They can make some very accurate ammo(I've had a couple of lots that go under an inch at 50 yds with several pistols), but they just don't give a darn about their priming mixture. I use it for slow fire and then switch to CCI SV for sustained in matches. I also use it for ball & dummy practice. There's always one or two in every 50 rd box, so it works just fine for practice ammo. The last time CMP had it for sale I picked up several cases for practice ammo, but I went in knowing what to expect.

It performs the same in every pistol I own, 6-Rugers, 4-Hi Standards, Marvel unit 1, and several revolvers.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by fredw4 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Can anyone confirm or refute a rumor I heard that part of CCI's 22 ammo line went down in September and didn't get back up until sometime this month (Dec)? My local range just received a shipment of SV in plastic boxes of 100 each (0032). Our local Dick's used to have bricks in stock at all times (0035 in paper boxes) and then suddenly couldn't get any. I couldn't find it anywhere during that time frame. No special reason for asking, just curious.

fredw4

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Curious. That could explain the out-of-stock notices I've seen recently.
I only hope they don't lower their quality tolerances just to meet demand...

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2