Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have a new Pardini Bullseye with the dot up front?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone have a new Pardini Bullseye with the dot up front? Empty Anyone have a new Pardini Bullseye with the dot up front?

Post by zanemoseley Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 pm

I was curious if anyone has gotten a new Pardini with the small picatinny built into the shroud. I was reading and the 6 steel counter weights that come installed are 17 grams each for a total of 102 grams. An Aimpoint H-1 weighs 105 grams with a mount. So even though it appears it would make it front heavy to have a sight that far forward it should theoretically balance pretty much exactly the same as with iron sights.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a new Pardini Bullseye with the dot up front? Empty Re: Anyone have a new Pardini Bullseye with the dot up front?

Post by mpolans Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 pm

So even if you empty out the weights out the front (which, with the springs, are also supposed to dampen recoil, so you lose that), and you use a an Aimpoint H1, you're still dealing with a red dot that will probably be moving around a lot more since it's further away from your wrist.  It might not be a problem if you have tubes on the sight, but if you don't, I'd wonder how dirty the front lens will get from junk coming out the muzzle (maybe even worse with ports).  If you use any other heavier red dot, like say a Match Dot 2, it'll weigh 3-4 ounces more right out at the very front.

It's too bad they didn't just build a weaver rail into the top of the frame.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a new Pardini Bullseye with the dot up front? Empty Re: Anyone have a new Pardini Bullseye with the dot up front?

Post by Chris Miceli Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:05 am

http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/PARDINI-SPHP-SCOPE-MOUNT__LGI-spc-PSM1.aspx

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 am

I agree a full length picatinny rail would have been the ticket. I do like a heavy gun, I would probably prefer to keep the weights and put a Kodiak mount with an Aimpoint on the back.

Fyi, I spoke with Larry's guns last year and they said they were making any more of the rail for the Pardini's. Ii think they're a bit bitter about getting aced out of the Pardini market.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:51 pm

FWIW...

The Aimpoint Micro on the Kodiak base IS the best option. It retains the pistols excellent balance with the dot mounted as far back as possible.

If you don't want to pay for the Micro, and want to use an Ultradot, Aimpoint SC, ect., a better alternative to the add on picatinny rail is the 19mm Euro dove tail rings from Warne Precision. They also make a quick disconnect ring that is perfect for NRA Precision Pistol then remove it for CMP .22 Pistol Leg matches.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 pm

mpolans wrote: you're still dealing with a red dot that will probably be moving around a lot more since it's further away from your wrist.  
The dot shows where the gun is pointed.  Position on the gun does not affect the appearance of your hold.
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down