Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCI Green Tag .22LR

+8
brassmaster
JayhawkNavy02
john bickar
Wobbley
Jack H
Dr.Don
Chris Miceli
Paul M.
12 posters

Go down

CCI Green Tag .22LR Empty CCI Green Tag .22LR

Post by Paul M. 4/18/2018, 3:59 pm

Is there any real difference between CCI SV and Green Tag, or is it just marketing and packaging. I have heard it is the same, manufactured in the same plant on the same assembly line using the same components. Has anyone shot them both and seen any difference?
Paul M.
Paul M.

Back to top Go down

CCI Green Tag .22LR Empty Re: CCI Green Tag .22LR

Post by Chris Miceli 4/18/2018, 4:04 pm

For the price of green tag you can buy Eley Match. Why bother buying green tag unless it’s really discounted ?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul M. 4/18/2018, 4:16 pm

Here in Komifornia Eley is very hard to come by, none of the stores carry it and we cannot buy ammo off the internet any more. It is illegal to purchase ammo in another state and bring it in as well. I used to have Eley shipped in from AZ in the past.
Paul M.
Paul M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 4/18/2018, 4:35 pm

Paul M. wrote:Here in Komifornia Eley is very hard to come by, none of the stores carry it and we cannot buy ammo off the internet any more.  It is illegal to purchase ammo in another state and bring it in as well.  I used to have Eley shipped in from AZ in the past.

Dang I’m sorry dude Sad. I always had sub inch with cci standard velocity 0035 paperbox in my pistols but I don’t run stock barrels

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 4/18/2018, 4:48 pm

Never owned a gun in which Green Tag did not group significantly worse than CCI SV.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 4/18/2018, 5:01 pm

Years back, I ransomed several ammos in a Marvel upper.  All performed as expected except Green Tag.  GT grouped like 5" at 50yd while excellent groups were had from all others.  Eley the best at 1" and under.  Other ammos were 1"-1.5".  Never have I duplicated the test discs sent with Marvels.  Always around .75 to 1" at best.  Even my Advantage Arms did that with Eley.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 4/18/2018, 5:52 pm

Green Tag is really a rifle ammo. CCI does make a “Pistol Match” but I have never shot any. SV is fine to train with. And is accurate for all but maybe big matches.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 4/18/2018, 6:10 pm

Paul M. wrote:Here in Komifornia Eley is very hard to come by, none of the stores carry it and we cannot buy ammo off the internet any more.  It is illegal to purchase ammo in another state and bring it in as well.  I used to have Eley shipped in from AZ in the past.
Get a C&R FFL and a COE and you can buy from the Internet. Expensive and a hassle but can be worth it if you shoot a lot of .22.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 4/18/2018, 6:52 pm

LAX Ammo has Eley.  Prices are pretty competitive.  As mentioned above you can also have it delivered to a dealer.
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by brassmaster 4/18/2018, 8:15 pm

Wow! There has to be a lot of us competitive pistol shooters that are shaking our collective heads after reading your post outlining the severe restrictions that CA's law-abiding competitive pistol shooters have to live with in order to participate in a sport that they obviously love and harms no one. Now I am even more thankful for our Open Carry Law, (since 1863) Constitutional Carry, (open or concealed) reciprocity with 40 other states, ATF Background Checks waived with a valid Concealed Carry License, 18-21 year old can obtained a provisional Concealed Carry Permit and some of the least restrictive firearm laws in the nation. Your post Paul, makes me so much more appreciative that I live in a "fly-over" state!
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul M. 4/18/2018, 8:27 pm

brassmaster wrote:
Wow! There has to be a lot of us competitive pistol shooters that are shaking our collective heads after reading your post outlining the severe restrictions that CA's law-abiding competitive pistol shooters have to live with in order to participate in a sport that they obviously love and harms no one. Now I am even more thankful for our Open Carry Law, (since 1863) Constitutional Carry, (open or concealed) reciprocity with 40 other states, ATF Background Checks waived with a valid Concealed Carry License, 18-21 year old can obtained a provisional Concealed Carry Permit and some of the least restrictive firearm laws in the nation. Your post Paul, makes me so much more appreciative that I live in a "fly-over" state!
It gets even better!  Next year we have to pass a background check, purchase and carry a permit to buy ammo.  On top of that, I've heard the front runner in the Governors race wants to ban the sale of reloading components.  I'm not sure if that is true or not, but I wouldn't put it past him.
Paul M.
Paul M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul M. 4/18/2018, 8:32 pm

JayhawkNavy02 wrote:

LAX Ammo has Eley.  Prices are pretty competitive.  As mentioned above you can also have it delivered to a dealer.
Thanks for the heads up, I checked it out, their in store prices are a little higher than the internet prices but they are not bad.  Looks like I have an option for Eley.
Paul M.
Paul M.

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/18/2018, 8:58 pm

Target Sport USA will work it correctly:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/t-california-ammo-shipping-2018.aspx

I buy all of my 22LR from them. Use Aguila SV and CCI SV.

fpk

http://brazosprecision.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul M. 4/18/2018, 9:19 pm

fpk wrote:Target Sport USA will work it correctly:

Thanks!  I just bought some CCI SV, way cheaper than I can buy it locally.  They had a participating dealer right down the street.
Paul M.
Paul M.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt444 4/18/2018, 10:38 pm

In my pistols, I can't tell the difference between Green Tag and SV.  SV is under 1" @ 25 yds so I'll take SV at a much lower price.  Yeah, living in Commiefornia sucks for folks like us.  But I have a C&R FFL and a COE, so buying ammo and having it shipped to my door isn't a problem.
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 4/19/2018, 5:42 am

Paul M. wrote:
fpk wrote:Target Sport USA will work it correctly:

Thanks!  I just bought some CCI SV, way cheaper than I can buy it locally.  They had a participating dealer right down the street.

If I read correctly the Target Sports USA “Elite” dealers don’t charge a fee, is that correct?
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by KB2MBC 4/19/2018, 6:34 am

Of all the .22 ammo I've shot, Green Tan and Remington Green Box had the most duds.
I stay away from both.
KB2MBC
KB2MBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul M. 4/19/2018, 10:07 am

Thanks for all the very helpful information!  I shall avoid Green Tag and stick with Eley and CCI SV.
Paul M.
Paul M.

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall 4/19/2018, 6:36 pm

My results from a Ransom Rest mimicked what Jack H reported.  CCI SV shot very well while Green Tag had a hard time staying on a 8X11" sheet of paper.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down