Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slide racker for S&W Model 41

+18
MikeO
r.tornello
Jack H
jglenn21
SonOfAGun
Sa-tevp
james r chapman
Aprilian
LenV
CrankyThunder
JoeB
saltydog452
Bubba Blaster
AllAces
fpk
gregbenner
luckystokes
mikemyers
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Slide racker for S&W Model 41 - Page 2 Empty Slide racker for S&W Model 41

Post by mikemyers 4/28/2018, 7:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was looking for something totally un-related, and found an unusual link that led me to this product.  For someone with arthritis, or weak hands, this might be useful.  According to the person at rimfirecentral.com who found it did work on the Model 41.  I was curious and also watched the video posted below.  Impressive!
https://www.tandemkross.com/halo-Charging-Ring-for-the-Smith-Wesson-SW22-Victory_p_232.html
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsFCBQTS5nQ

Slide racker for S&W Model 41 - Page 2 Template-sw22-victory-halo-charing-ring-handle-basic
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Slide racker for S&W Model 41 - Page 2 Empty Re: Slide racker for S&W Model 41

Post by 45ACP223 3/2/2020, 7:33 pm

Just a FYI, Bullseye shooters have been using skateboard tape on the front strap of their 22 and 45 forever.   Works great!  1" strips are perfect for the 1911.
45ACP223
45ACP223

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 3/2/2020, 7:49 pm

Tape on a 41 same as on a 208
Slide racker for S&W Model 41 - Page 2 Tape_g11
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 3/2/2020, 9:25 pm

Jack that is what I have done also. Bought a 5X7 sheet of Talon grip material and just cut into small strips for grip on the front of the slide.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 8/30/2020, 12:33 am

I think my tape pieces are stairtread tape from the hardware store.  3m probably.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaShooter 12/7/2020, 10:42 am

Old thread but the thread was useful information to me...

I have a halo charging ring for another handgun (Ruger 22/45 Lite MKIII) and it works great. I probably could have made the SW22 model work on the M41

However, I'm tired of Tamdemkross putting so much of their logo (so big) on their products...  (they overdo it if you ask me) and decided I'm not paying another $48 dollars to advertise for them

Since I needed a solution (i cannot pinch the slide on the M41 and the VERY sharp rear top corners of the rear sight cut my skin if I put my hand over the top to rack the slide)... I decided to go with Brownell's insta-grip tape

just ordered some and will affix to sides of slide... will post pics when completed

IowaShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 12/7/2020, 7:52 pm

Great - photos will be useful.  

I should get out my M41 sometime soon, when it's safe.
It's getting dusty.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaShooter 12/8/2020, 3:27 pm

I received this information (below) from Tandemkross.  My M41 slide measures .833
Therefore I've ordered a SW22 halo charging ring from Brownells for $47 to try.  I don't believe the Buckmark model will fit.  I'll paint over the logo if I like how the charging ring works.  I have one on a Ruger 22/45 MKIII that works well.  If I don't like it on the M41... I'll stick with (pun intended) the insta-grip tape I ordered from Brownells and put it on the M41 slide

Subject: Re: Looking for a charging handle for S&W model 41

Hello Jim,

Currently we do not have any accessories for the SW Model 41, however, I have had a customer in the past report that our "halo" Charging Ring for the Browning BuckMark accommodates the SW Model 41.

We do not have a model 41 in house to confirm this, however if you would like to purchase the "halo" Charging Ring for the Browning Buck Mark on your SW Model 41, rest assured, all TANDEMKROSS products carry a lifetime guarantee. If there is any reason our parts are not performing to your expectations, you are certainly most welcome to return them at any time for exchange or refund.
For your reference, here are the measurement of our "halo" Charging Rings:
Ruger MKII and 22/45 - 1.165 in wide
Ruger MK III, MKIV and 22/450- 0.712 in
SW22 Victory- 0.903 in
Browning Buck Mark- 0.779 in
Glock- 0.975 in
The key to fitting these "halo" Charging Rings is to hook the "arms" of the halo into the serrations of the slide.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let me know if you have questions or if we can provide additional assistance.

Thank you,
~
Tyler Marcos
Customer Service Representative I
T A N D E M K R O S S
"Making good guns great!"

Phone: (603)369-7060

IowaShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaShooter 12/10/2020, 12:44 pm

My new model 41 SW .22 performance center has a rear sight that will cut skin when trying to rack the slide if you don't get your fingers/hand just right

The serrations, while expertly machined and good looking are worthless (IMHO for my weak hands)... They are very shallow and not aggressive or wide enough to serve as slide racking assistance (if you try and pinch the slide to rack)

I was about to "dremel" the corners of the rear sight (to round off sharp edges) so I could wrap my hand around the top of the rear frame/barrel/sight when racking slide (like many of us know to do instead of pinching serrations)

Anywhoo... I decided, instead, after reading this thread, 
Slide racker for S&W Model 41 - Page 2 M41_wi10

to put pieces of this heavy grit "Insta grip" on each side of the slide (both the front section and small piece by rear serrations)

Voila! Works like a charm and my DIY dremel madness was avoided

Now I can rack by pinching slide or reaching under gun and pulling back on front portion of slide

IowaShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 7/3/2022, 4:30 am

Sa-tevp wrote:The best M41 slide racker I have ever seen was a retired AMU shooter's M41 with Hammerli 208 style serrations on the front of the slide. I was jealous as my 1979 vintage M41 has cheap S&W shallow serrations on the back of the slide.

I bet some clever Bullseye M41 pistolsmith could mill front and rear the same, blue it, and the work would look classy.
I had this mod done to a 41. Worked well and looked good. Might not work so well for some of the hand problems described.

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 7/3/2022, 7:32 am

IowaShooter wrote:......I decided, instead, after reading this thread, to put pieces of this heavy grit "Insta grip" on each side of the slide (both the front section and small piece by rear serrations).......

Thanks!  I have no problem racking the slide on my Model 41, but it is a real pain on my High Standard guns, nothing to "grip".  I will try using my "skate board tape", maybe a little larger than what you used.  I suspect this will cure my problems!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2