Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System

+3
Jon Eulette
dronning
mhayford45
7 posters

Go down

Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System Empty Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System

Post by mhayford45 Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 am

Has anyone tried one and what did you think?

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System Empty Re: Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System

Post by dronning Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:43 am

mhayford45 wrote:Has anyone tried one and what did you think?
Quote from one of their videos:
"This is a recoil rod replacement to use with "HOT" or heavy loads(+P). Does not work well with lesser rounds."

I'd be interested in a smith's opinion.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System Empty Re: Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System

Post by mhayford45 Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:48 am

They have specifically for Bullseye in the order list.

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:07 am

A couple of 2670 shooters that I built guns for said they didn't like the recoil impulse when they tried this recoil spring system. They went back to standard recoil springs and standard Government model guide rods.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 am

I tried one a few years ago. No noticeable difference.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Sat May 04, 2019 12:41 pm

I tried them in my hardball, back when hardball was a real thing and in my bullseye gun and they didn't make much difference and had a weird recoil feel I didn't like.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV Sat May 04, 2019 5:31 pm

I TRIED IT. BOUGHT IT AT PERRY WHERE THEY FIT IT TO THE GUN. MY SCORES SEEMED TO GO DOWN WITH IT. SO I CHUCKED IT INTO THE RANSOM REST. IT DOUBLED THE GROUP SIZE WITH THE RECOIL REDUCER IN THE GUN.  TOOK IT OUT AND REPLACED IT WITH  THE ORIGINAL ROD AND SPRING GROUP . THE GROUP SIZED THAN RETURNED TO NORMAL. SOLD IT ON THE 1911 FORUM. JP

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Sat May 04, 2019 10:45 pm

No change that I saw...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down