Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&W Victory Mods

3 posters

Go down

S&W Victory Mods Empty S&W Victory Mods

Post by SamMalone 11/6/2019, 9:01 am

I've had my Victory for about a year and a half now... probably about 4000rnds or so thru it... so far it's been a great shooter. Been shooting Bullseye with it, 2nd year now.

Have a TK trigger and HiveGrips coming for it. Very happy with the Victory so far, but looking for ways to make it better.

I've read several posts about "polishing" some of the parts. Which ones?

SamMalone

Back to top Go down

S&W Victory Mods Empty Re: S&W Victory Mods

Post by James Hensler 11/6/2019, 12:31 pm

That doesn’t help with accuracy. I own a 22 SW and it is a good not great shooter. Dollar for dollar I think it is the best bang for the buck for a entry level 22 to shoot bullseye. My scores did go up by over 20 when I changed to a Pardini but I am bringing the old girl back to shoot EIC. The grips and trigger is all you need! Save your money.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by SamMalone 11/6/2019, 7:31 pm

James Hensler wrote:That doesn’t help with accuracy. I own a 22 SW and it is a good not great shooter. Dollar for dollar I think it is the best bang for the buck for a entry level 22 to shoot bullseye. My scores did go up by over 20 when I changed to a Pardini but I am bringing the old girl back to shoot EIC. The grips and trigger is all you need! Save your money.

What "doesn't help with accuracy"? The polishing? I was under the impression that if everything was smooth in the trigger action, less chance of jerking the gun when firing.

Pardini would be nice, but I'm the "other feller" and not the "Rockefeller" so will stick with what I have. Smile  I'm thinking the grips will make the biggest difference. Find the Victory to be a bit thin in that area.

SamMalone

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 11/6/2019, 7:43 pm

Ok in theory you are right. In reality not so much and here is why. 
Class rules say you can only have a 2lb trigger in the 22 class. With just a TC trigger you are right there and it’s very close to being under. Polishing will only make things worse
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by SamMalone 11/6/2019, 7:56 pm

James Hensler wrote:Ok in theory you are right. In reality not so much and here is why. 
Class rules say you can only have a 2lb trigger in the 22 class. With just a TC trigger you are right there and it’s very close to being under. Polishing will only make things worse

Really? Was not aware of that restriction. Thanks for pointing it out to me. We run a very relaxed Bullseye at our club, that probably would never be an issue here. Always good to stick with the applicable rules tho, one never knows when I'll do something foolish and enter a completion. Smile

SamMalone

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 11/7/2019, 10:48 am

Liked my S&W Victory, was a great gun.
But once I stumbled across my FAS for sale used I quickly realised the S&W was simply too light and the grip too small.
Now it's my pistol to bring to the range when I invite guests.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down