Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accu Rail?

+15
zanemoseley
messenger
chopper
mpolans
james r chapman
James Hensler
djw1cav
1joel1
Ghillieman
oldsalt444
BE Mike
David R
Allgoodhits
TonyH
Tim:H11
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Accu Rail?  - Page 3 Empty Accu Rail?

Post by Tim:H11 12/27/2019, 7:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone ever do the accu rail thing before? Anyone here have any thoughts or experience with the idea?

Back to top Go down

Accu Rail?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Accu Rail?

Post by James Hensler 3/11/2020, 5:53 am

Zane I am so pissed but I am not going to do anything about it! Doug’s only communication was “ send it back and I will fix it” 8 words! Problem is that my pistol is stainless and only a few people can weld it! If there is a blessing in this mess it’s cracked in a non load bearing part of the frame and through 1500 rounds it hasn’t grown! If it does I will send it back! 
I only have this 45 right now and my season starts in 2 weeks so I don’t have any time
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 3/11/2020, 7:42 am

A curious question though is why would Clark say that if you send them a basic 1911 to get accurized and it has a glued in place ejector, that they may "need to install accurails."  I'm not smart enough to get the connection.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/11/2020, 8:15 am

inthebeech wrote:A curious question though is why would Clark say that if you send them a basic 1911 to get accurized and it has a glued in place ejector, that they may "need to install accurails."  I'm not smart enough to get the connection.
If Clark is still peening frame rails to tighten frame and slide fit, the ejector must be removed so they can strike the frame rail with a hammer. I use a heat gun to remove the ejector and loctite it when reinstalled.
Jon

Last edited by Jon Eulette on 3/11/2020, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 3/11/2020, 2:08 pm

Thanks Jon.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 3/11/2020, 5:08 pm

James Hensler wrote:Zane I am so pissed but I am not going to do anything about it! Doug’s only communication was “ send it back and I will fix it” 8 words! Problem is that my pistol is stainless and only a few people can weld it! If there is a blessing in this mess it’s cracked in a non load bearing part of the frame and through 1500 rounds it hasn’t grown! If it does I will send it back! 
I only have this 45 right now and my season starts in 2 weeks so I don’t have any time
There about a hundred dozen or more welders who could repair that crack.  About 10 dozen that could do it so you couldn’t tell if was ever cracked.  Even stainless.  They’re not easy to find but they’re out there.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/11/2020, 6:01 pm

If they get it to hot it will look good then crack and break off man I just don’t know if I want to worry about that

I only plan on shooting this pistol 1 more season anyway
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 3/11/2020, 8:19 pm

Something to consider is that the loads should be applied to the frame thru the installed rods.
If the slide was running on the rails in the original configuration I'd expect a failure in the near future...since the rods transfer over a longer area you may get a reasonable life span.

That being said....if I had screwed up like that I would be supplying you with a NEW not repaired frame.

JMO steve
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/11/2020, 8:27 pm

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:Something to consider is that the loads should be applied to the frame thru the installed rods.
If the slide was running on the rails in the original configuration I'd expect a failure in the near future...since the rods transfer over a longer area you may get a reasonable life span.

That being said....if I had screwed up like that I would be supplying you with a NEW not repaired frame.

JMO steve
I have no idea how or when they cracked it! My opinion was they over clamped it! I am trying my best to wear it out! I am shooting it 400-500 a week and comparing it to pics
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 3/11/2020, 10:25 pm

Not knowing the process to install the rail system I would have to guess that there would be a measuring & inspection procedure before they started.  I would think that if that flaw was there when they started, the job should not have proceeded.  That would lead me to believe that there was a gorilla in the mix & they screwed up your frame & should be held accountable.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 3/12/2020, 5:19 am

Sounds like they offered to make it right, and your preference is to keep it and continue to complain?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/12/2020, 7:06 am

Yes but I haven’t been complaining one bit! I could have and should have blasted them but I chose not to! I am only responding in a nice way when people comment about what happened. Where do you coming up with me complaining?
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 3/12/2020, 7:53 am

James Hensler wrote:Zane I am so pissed but I am not going to do anything about it! Doug’s only communication was “ send it back and I will fix it” 8 words! Problem is that my pistol is stainless and only a few people can weld it! If there is a blessing in this mess it’s cracked in a non load bearing part of the frame and through 1500 rounds it hasn’t grown! If it does I will send it back! 
For starters.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/12/2020, 8:12 am

And once again 
Zane asked a question
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3