Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Architecture

+3
Multiracer
willnewton
tom nelson
7 posters

Go down

Forum Architecture  Empty Forum Architecture

Post by tom nelson Sun 19 Apr 2020, 3:37 pm

I belong to and follow a number of online forum / discussion groups . I want to say how easy it is to use and follow this forum in it's present configuration. I have no idea what Admin's plans are but I heartily hope that they have no plans to make this forum " better ".

tom nelson

Back to top Go down

Forum Architecture  Empty Re: Forum Architecture

Post by willnewton Sun 19 Apr 2020, 5:37 pm

It was set up pretty well from the start and we have no changes planned.  We try to keep it simple and easy to manage, since we are all volunteers.  Besides, there are only a limited amount of brains to go around and we have to share.  Laughing
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Mon 20 Apr 2020, 5:36 pm

tom nelson wrote:I belong to and follow a number of online forum / discussion groups . I want to say how easy it is to use and follow this forum in it's present configuration. I have no idea what Admin's plans are but I heartily hope that they have no plans to make this forum " better ".
+1    Thanks fellas for the good work.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Tue 21 Apr 2020, 12:08 pm

It is a good one. I do wish there was an option to just to the "last read" post within a sub-forum.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Tue 21 Apr 2020, 1:39 pm

mpolans wrote:It is a good one. I do wish there was an option to just to the "last read" post within a sub-forum.
I'm probably not understanding your meaning, but if you choose "View posts since last visit" on the Welcome page you get a list of those threads with new posts.  The threads are latest to oldest and show which forum.  Then you can click on the icon to the left of each title to start with the first post in that thread that you haven't read yet.  This may only work correctly if you are in the habit of logging out and in when using the site.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Tue 21 Apr 2020, 2:48 pm

tom nelson wrote:I belong to and follow a number of online forum / discussion groups . I want to say how easy it is to use and follow this forum in it's present configuration. I have no idea what Admin's plans are but I heartily hope that they have no plans to make this forum " better ".

Agree. More times than not, when a forum gets changed to make things better, it seems to work the opposite. I truly believe web masters / site owners change things not because they have to, but because they can. If a change MUST be made, well okay, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Tue 21 Apr 2020, 2:50 pm

It works when you stay logged in all the time as well.

Not sure what the reset time is in “View new posts” function.  If I am browsing, leave the site and come back, it shows the same new posts, but closing up the iPad and coming back a few hours later resets it whatever is actually new, if anything.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Tue 21 Apr 2020, 8:06 pm

Ed Hall wrote:
mpolans wrote:It is a good one. I do wish there was an option to just to the "last read" post within a sub-forum.
I'm probably not understanding your meaning, but if you choose "View posts since last visit" on the Welcome page you get a list of those threads with new posts.  The threads are latest to oldest and show which forum.  Then you can click on the icon to the left of each title to start with the first post in that thread that you haven't read yet.  This may only work correctly if you are in the habit of logging out and in when using the site.
Clicking "View posts since last visit" shows a list of the threads with new posts.  If you then click on one of the threads, it'll take you to the first page of the thread.  You still have to search through the thread to find the new post.  If it's only a one page thread, no big deal.  If it's a 5-10 page thread and it's been awhile since you've read it, it can be a little harder to find.

I know, not a huge deal, but a mere nicety some other forums have.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Tue 21 Apr 2020, 9:38 pm

mpolans wrote:Clicking "View posts since last visit" shows a list of the threads with new posts.  If you then click on one of the threads, it'll take you to the first page of the thread.  You still have to search through the thread to find the new post.  If it's only a one page thread, no big deal.  If it's a 5-10 page thread and it's been awhile since you've read it, it can be a little harder to find.

I know, not a huge deal, but a mere nicety some other forums have.
For me, clicking on the icon (mentioned earlier) takes me to the first unread post since my last visit;
Forum Architecture  Newest10

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Tue 21 Apr 2020, 10:31 pm

I usually find this forum to be an enjoyable and relaxing place to spend a lot of time, talk to people, share information, and learn.  Because I'm locked up in my apartment now until who knows when, it's frustrating for me to come here, as it leaves me wanting to do things I can't do - yet.

As to the forum itself, it's set up perfectly.  I like the way it's organized, and I've never had a question that didn't get answered.  

Back to the forum question, a huge part of what makes things work so well isn't the "structure" but rather the people participating here.  In that sense, it's like a big clubhouse.  There's something for everyone!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down