Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone try Eley Action?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone try Eley Action? Empty Anyone try Eley Action?

Post by zanemoseley 4/29/2020, 8:37 pm

Just saw it for $27.50 a brick at KSS, wish I'd seen it before ordering some Tenex for my BR rig or I would have got some to try.  

https://www.killoughshootingsports.com/ammunition/1097-eley-action-22lr-box-of-500.html

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Anyone try Eley Action? Empty Re: Anyone try Eley Action?

Post by troystaten 4/29/2020, 11:15 pm

Seems like it would be worth trying at that price.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 4/30/2020, 11:58 am

I ordered four bricks. For that price, it's worth a try for sure.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2020, 3:02 pm

Intrigued to see that this vendor is owned by Eley.
Anyone try Eley Action? Kss10
I've also ordered some Eley Action. Will be interesting to see whether I can detect any difference between it and Eley Target or Eley Bullseye X.

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 4/30/2020, 3:33 pm

I'm curious to see how it shoots for you guys. I did some reading online and most of the posts were older but I saw a guy that shot a 1" group from his rifle at 100 meters which is respectable for a budget ammo. Also spoke with a guy at Killough asking if I could add to my order without additional shipping fees (which I can't because all that's left from my order is the Eley Tenex & Match which apparently ships from another location), he thought it would be a good practice ammo but didn't know if it would be good enough for match use. Be sure to let us know how it functions in your pistol and if the accuracy is as good or better than CCI SV.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 4/30/2020, 3:57 pm

Feelers!
Almost $50 case shipping!!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 5/1/2020, 9:15 am

james r chapman wrote:Feelers!
Almost $50 case shipping!!!
Yes but, four bricks at $27.50 = $110, plus $27 shipping totals $137 for 2000 rounds.

Still a good price. 

The last four bricks I bought were from LAX Ammo and the shipping on those was $17, so yes this is high, but in the big picture, it's still fair enough.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 5/6/2020, 2:01 pm

Received mine yesterday, was able to go put 100 rounds through my Pardini this morning.

Shot a personal best in slow (89), and also a personal best in timed (98).

Coincidence? Maybe. But I do like this stuff.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/8/2020, 12:47 am

I tested some Eley Action today - see report in the Eley Bullseye Pistol X thread please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/8/2020, 11:04 pm

I tried the Eley Action in my MG2 today. I did have one peculiar FTE in the very first string - maybe because of cold (and slightly dirty) gun, no problems thereafter.

I first shot one complete 900 with Eley Action. Results were very similar to what I got from my Pardini yesterday. 877 with a very high TF/RF x-count of 32. I was not feeling quite "on my game" today compared to yesterday and so this is about as good as I can shoot. I am not a High Master, but have managed to achieve HM scores with both Pardini and MG2 with this Eley Action.

I then shot a second 900 - I intended to use Eley Bullseye Pistol X, but then found that I only had 10 rounds of that in my ammo box, so I then shot 4 cards with Eley Action and the remaining 4 cards with Eley Target (which appears to be essentially the same as Eley Action). 880 with 37x TF/RF.

I think that the MG2 runs better with slightly hotter ammo. Aguila Super Extra SV suits it well, the slightly softer (and much like Eley Action) Aguila Pistol Match does not run smoothly, quite a few FTE's with Pistol Match over the past few weeks.

This is rather subjective, but I feel that Eley Bullseye Pistol X suits the MG2 better than Eley Action. I will take more to the range on my next visit and do a 900 with BPX. I will also clean the gun (I hate doing that) and try Eley Action again.

But, an 877 and an 880 on consecutive 900's all with Eley ammo is very, very positive for me. The 880 is my PB with the MG2 and I had a 98 and a 97 in SF with Eley Action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down