Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP

+3
STEVE SAMELAK
james r chapman
mikemargolis
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP Empty Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP

Post by mikemargolis Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:51 am

I am a big fan of Eley Action as my practice ammo, I bought three cases when Killoughs was closing it out at $2.75/50. $500 gets you free shipping.

There's now a NEW Eley Action, 42 grains vs 40. Curious is anyone's tried it yet and how it compares to the old version.

Killoughs was useless when I asked for info about old vs new:

Feedback that we have recieved back from shooter is that it seems to preforming just as good as the 40gr. 

I left the spelling and grammar errors in, hope you're amused as I am.

I also just bought a case of the Eley from CMP estore

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/4C22ELYSTD-5000

It hasn't arrived, but is anyone using it, and how does it compare to the Action? $350 delivered is a decent price if you only want one case at a time.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP Empty Re: Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP

Post by james r chapman Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:40 am

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP 997d9e10
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP Empty Re: Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:39 pm

I can't compare the CMP Eley to anything but CCI SV, but I'm very happy with it and will prolly stick with it.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:26 pm

My CMP ammo just keeps saying

‘Prepaid’
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:26 pm

james r chapman wrote:My CMP ammo just keeps saying

‘Prepaid’
They're running about two weeks from order to ship.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:20 pm

I'm working on getting a couple of cases from CMP.  Sounds like good practice ammo.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:54 am

Just ordered 2 cases from CMP.  Shipping status says ASAP.  Hopefully it's just a couple of weeks like Mike said.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:20 pm

I met two people at the range today who had a device to measure bullet speed for many different loads, to compare them.  I had my 22 with me, and my CMP Eley ammo.  We tried their device on my ammo - here's the results.  I don't know if this is "good", or "bad", and they weren't sure the machine was set up for 22 ammo...   Here are two photos, and the end results.

I'm not sure what to call this device - it doesn't use the two "rods" that people shoot between.  You just hold the gun close to the device as you shoot.  Maybe someone here can explain how this works.....

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP Img_3213
Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP Img_3214

RESULTS FOR MY 22 CMP ELEY AMMO:

AVG = 953 (average)
SD = 45 (standard deviation)
ES = 104 (maximum spread)

Maybe, even the first reading, 873 should not be taken into consideration. But, anyway, those were the readings.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:32 pm

For $600 bucks you can have one too!

What barrel length?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:45 pm

LabRadar is actually Doppler radar and is placed beside the shooter facing forward.  It can measure velocities continuously for up to 100 yards in front of it and forward data by Bluetooth.  Pretty slick technology.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:58 pm

james r chapman wrote:For $600 bucks you can have one too!

What barrel length?
Jim, if you mean my Nelson, 5 1/4".
https://i.servimg.com/u/f41/19/88/36/99/img_3212.jpg

The photo of the device with a screen on the front is probably not my gun/ammo.  I took the photos so I could look things up later.

$600 !!!!!!     Ouch!!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:12 pm

I've got a lab radar... its a very nice unit. I got it from another shooter who was getting out of shooting due to age... didn't pay 600 for it, but my pact is now for sale...

Regarding CMP eley, my 6"nelson likes it...

One 20 and one 40 shot "function test" targets from the cases i just got. Shot them over lunch.  poor setup, poor discipline on the strings... was surprised at how good they were...

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP 20200910
Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP 20200911

10sandxs

bpettet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:56 pm

bpettet wrote:Just ordered 2 cases from CMP.  Shipping status says ASAP.  Hopefully it's just a couple of weeks like Mike said.

I got an email from CMP today asking for my concealed carry license so they can process the order...3 weeks after I placed the order and paid for it.  No change to order status online yet.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:56 am

CPL license? Why! What state! Did you use that as your Govt ID?

Anyway, mine arrived yesterday.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:13 am

I had included a copy of my TX driver's license and the club info when I ordered 2 cases of Eley CMP.  A few days later they asked me for proof of club membership and I sent that.  3 weeks later they say it's ready to be processed after they get a copy of my concealed carry card.  That's odd but I sent it anyway.  Order status hasn't changed from the day I paid for the order.  

This is my first time ordering from CMP.  Maybe the next time is different.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:29 am

I just got off the phone with the CMP; they are running at least 30 days behind, and my order placed on Sept 3 is expected to ship within the next few weeks.  I guess they're overwhelmed with orders - or maybe they're waiting for their own new shipment from Eley?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:33 am

KSS received a shipment of Eley Action this past Monday.  Maybe the CMP got a truck load as well this week.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:11 am

REConley wrote:KSS received a shipment of Eley Action this past Monday.  Maybe the CMP got a truck load as well this week.
Please note the new Eley Action Plus is 42 grain, not 40 like the old.

Would not be allowed in some competitions.

Just an FYI

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:18 am

mikemargolis wrote:
REConley wrote:KSS received a shipment of Eley Action this past Monday.  Maybe the CMP got a truck load as well this week.
Please note the new Eley Action Plus is 42 grain, not 40 like the old.

Would not be allowed in some competitions.

Just an FYI

Just another practice ammo option.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am

mikemyers wrote:I just got off the phone with the CMP; they are running at least 30 days behind, and my order placed on Sept 3 is expected to ship within the next few weeks.  I guess they're overwhelmed with orders - or maybe they're waiting for their own new shipment from Eley?

About right. At least they get theirs.

Just got informed that one vendor who hasn’t had .22 ammo for months wants to renew my prime membership, haha. NO!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:51 am

james r chapman wrote:
mikemyers wrote:I just got off the phone with the CMP; they are running at least 30 days behind, and my order placed on Sept 3 is expected to ship within the next few weeks.  I guess they're overwhelmed with orders - or maybe they're waiting for their own new shipment from Eley?

About right. At least they get theirs.

Just got informed that one vendor who hasn’t had .22 ammo for months wants to renew my prime membership, haha. NO!

If you are referring Target Sports, they get 22 lr in but it is gone within a half hour or so. About 8 AM eastern time they begin to update new deliveries and any relatively inexpensive 22 LR is gone before the hour is up. I have seen many items that show 99+ cases when I first look be OOS after getting back from refilling my coffee cup.  I believe that part of the online buying issue for individuals is that ranges have begun monitoring these sites. At a  local indoor range I shoot at I have seen several times ammo deliveries being unloaded where there is a large stack of TS USA 223/556 cases sitting beside 10-20 case of Anguilla 22s. Makes me believe they and many other ranges have added these sites to their sourcing as the factory distributors have become less reliable.  

Target USA, 8-10 AM eastern time.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:29 pm

I apologize, they always have Lapua. Rolling Eyes

For $95, I’ll buy from CMP thank you.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Old Eley Action vs New Eley Action vs Eley CMP Empty Eley CMP ordred 8/19/20, delivered 9/24/20

Post by mikemargolis Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:25 pm

Eley CMP ordred 8/19/20, delivered 9/24/20

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:58 pm

I asked for an update and was told today that they are really backlogged and it will still be awhile.  No indication of what that means.  Ordered on 9/1.  Sounds like the backlog is increasing.  If you're on the fence, I would get your order placed and get in line.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 pm

I got email notice today of both cases being shipped with tracking info.  My store account shows the status as shipped.  Fed Ex tracking says it's due here this Wed.  That would indicate that the order backlog was 3-4 weeks.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next