Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back

+3
james r chapman
SteveT
mikemargolis
7 posters

Go down

Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back Empty Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back

Post by mikemargolis Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:38 am

Who makes one? Carrying one thing rather than two is always good.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back Empty Re: Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back

Post by SteveT Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:09 pm

I thought this was a standard feature since it's been present on almost all my staplers over the years, but after a quick search I only found this one Arrow stapler.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Arrow-Professional-Light-Duty-Staple-Gun-with-7-Packs-of-Staples-843631127285/309980127

I always have a pocket knife with me also.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back Empty Re: Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back

Post by james r chapman Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:12 pm

That would be nice!
$28 worth of JT21 staples!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:18 pm

That's the one I have, works well I did not know about the puller on the back I will have to try that.  Great deal from HD

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:44 pm

it works fine on cardboard / cloroplast. I wouldn't trust it for pulling staples out of wood.
SteveT
SteveT

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:39 pm

mikemargolis wrote:Carrying one thing rather than two is always good.

Anyone have a list of all the things that need to be carried down to the target line?
Anyone some up with a good bag/carrier/satchel that could serve rain and shine to bring all those things back and forth (or safely keep them all at the target line)?

- Stapler
- Staples
- Clipboard
- Pens
- Scoring overlay
- Repair centre
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 pm

You don't need anything fancy. Search for Clipboard Storage and dozens of options come up. Spare pens, pasters, overlay and a large bag (in case of rain) go inside. That's all you need.

Stapler can hook in a pocket or hardware stores have belt hooks it can hang on. I hold the target center between the stapler and clipboard with one hand and score with the other.

Extra staples are kept in my box. I put sharpie marks on the last 10 or so staples. When I see that it's time to add staples. You can always borrow a stapler if you run out.

I don't like leaving things down range. I can record 80-90% of my shots through the spotting scope to save time downrange. I wouldn't want to leave it there if it rains and we can't do it at Camp Perry, so why do things differently. Keep it simple.
SteveT
SteveT

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:00 am

Stapler on belt
small masking tape roll on electrician tape holder attached to the clipboard (3m Freezer Tape is the best size) - or when I am shooting well, I just put lengths of tape on the side of the stapler
Microsoft Surface pen holder stapled to clipboard to hold pen cap when I take out the pen to score
scoring overlays are in their original manila envelope and taped to the clipboard under the score sheet
Pocket knife is used for puling staples on targets I want to keep

Like Steve, I mark the staples with sharpie to know when to reload.  The 2 gallon Zip loc bags are a good size to keep in your box for rain
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by TAB Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:21 pm

If you have a Stanley TR45, an almost twin to the Arrow stapler, there is an easy shop built mod to add the staple remover.  I used a piece of scrap and two pop rivets to attach it to the stapler.  It is not stiff enough to pull 1/4" staples from ply but works well pulling staples in corrugated plastic or cardboard backers.  The swaged end of the pop rivet does not interfere with the staples.

Staple gun with the little staple puller hanging off the back Img_3011

TAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down