Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EIC pistol rule question

5 posters

Go down

EIC pistol rule question Empty EIC pistol rule question

Post by scrum derringer Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 am

I recently acquired a slick Colt Clark Hardball, that wasn't properly described, which was good for me and not the pawnshop selling it. It was just advertised as a series 70 colt with having a grip frame mount, which turned out to be a Clark Grip mount. Prior investigation of the Clark mount I saw that there are two additional screws which I thought were to stabilize the grip against the frame, and it turns out that they screw into the frame.

My concern is if the gun will be legal due to the modified screw holes. I have not received an answer back from the CMP about it, but I would like to think that if screw holes are allowed in the slide, that the two holes would not be an issue on the frame, which are completely covered up by the normal left grip panel. There is no unfair advantage that I could think of in having empty screw holes under a grip panel. I am new to this and have already heard horror storys of stock barrels getting DQ'd for being 1/64" too long. I already conferred with one match director, who thinks it shouldn't be an issue, are there any others that would say otherwise? Its been bugging me for the past week that I have had it.
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

EIC pistol rule question Empty Re: EIC pistol rule question

Post by DeweyHales Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 am

I cannot imagine that being a problem.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:46 am

I don't think that it is against the rules, especially since the extra screw holes aren't readily visible in the standard configuration. The grips aren't removed in the normal inspection process.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:24 am

My concern is that it could be considered a modification.

6.5.1 General Pistol Requirements:

"No external alterations, additions or changes to the configurations or appearance of the pistol may be made unless those specific alterations, additions or changes are explicitly permitted by these rules"

I am hoping that appearance means what you can see. I am not sure how in depth an inspection can go, so this is why I am concerned.
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 am

Table 4, page 37 "Filled or unfilled holes used for optical sight mount may be present on slide OR FRAME; optical sight mounts must be removed" are legal.
http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/rulebook.pdf

SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:45 am

SMBeyer wrote:Table 4, page 37 "Filled or unfilled holes used for optical sight mount may be present on slide OR FRAME; optical sight mounts must be removed" are legal.
http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/rulebook.pdf

I guess I should have read lower. I was reading page 36 "6.5.2 Permitted Pistol Features" bullet #5 where it only says holes in the slide. I guess I worried about nothing and need to work on research skills. Thanks for the help!
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 am

it wouldnt be a problem anyway being you say they would not be visible with the grip on.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down