Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are distinguished revolvers allowed to have trigger jobs?

+4
chiz1180
Jack H
james r chapman
zanemoseley
8 posters

Go down

Are distinguished revolvers allowed to have trigger jobs? Empty Are distinguished revolvers allowed to have trigger jobs?

Post by zanemoseley Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:35 pm

The way I read the rules as soon as you get a trigger job it's not eligible for distinguished revolver. Is that right?.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Are distinguished revolvers allowed to have trigger jobs? Empty Re: Are distinguished revolvers allowed to have trigger jobs?

Post by james r chapman Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:38 pm

No. Trigger jobs are allowed

3.3 Distinguished Revolver - The revolver must be capable of chambering and firing a 158-grain round nose or Semi-Wadcutter .38 Special cartridge. It must be a factory manufactured revolver with no external modifications except for stocks which may be modified or changed because of the size of the competitor’s hand or to facilitate loading. Except for stocks and the honing of the sear or sear notch to make a more crisp trigger, and maintain a 2 1/2 lb. minimum trigger pull, no external or internal modification may be made to the revolver as manufactured and sold by the factory of ori- gin. No parts may be removed from the revolver, either externally or internally, nor may any part be added, with the exception of milling the cylinder to accommodate moon clips. Specifically prohibited is any system of recoil control based upon compensators, barrel vent- ing, barrel porting or weighted grips. Exposed holes that have been drilled and tapped for mounting of a scope are not considered to be an external modification.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are distinguished revolvers allowed to have trigger jobs? Empty Re: Are distinguished revolvers allowed to have trigger jobs?

Post by Jack H Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:32 pm

Are you supposed to have a used revolver checked out and restored to original internally?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:22 pm

How could one practically prove one way or another if the revolver had a trigger job? or even all “stock” parts?

As a competitor the only reason I would protest is if someone was shooting something that was clearly raced out.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Joe Morgan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:23 am

Jack H wrote:Are you supposed to have a used revolver checked out and restored to original internally?
Yeah, sure, have that AMU/CMP/MMU armorer tear into that M14, wondering where the locking lugs are!

lol!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:44 am

Kind of lame to not even allow a trigger job. I get the spirit of it but for a bunch of guys that stop short of getting trigger jobs on our staple guns it's asking a lot lol. Guess some day I need to grab a stock 14 for old time sake or maybe an OMM

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:40 am

A good OMM that has not been hosed doesn't need a trigger job. 
Years ago I had a SAO OMM 38 that was one of the best triggers I ever had.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:16 am

If some “armorer” wants to take off my side plate to inspect for “non original parts” we will have a major problem.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

james r chapman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by desben Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 am

They allow "the honing of the sear or sear notch to make a more crisp trigger", is that not a (basic) trigger job? I understand that some trigger jobs can involve more.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Basic universal definition of a trigger job!

And many subscribe to replacing worn parts with factory correct new parts.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:58 pm

K.C. Did the trigger on my 14-1 and I had no issues with inspection. All original parts except for a few springs. To be expected on a 60 yr old revolver…
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:05 pm

Side note I handed over a functional S&W M 625-2 to an armorer trailer at Perry this year and the formerly fully functional revolver would no longer fire in DA….. It easily passed with an NRA set of weights a few days prior. How they managed to raise the single action weight and disable the DA is a mystery.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:46 pm

orpheoet wrote:Side note I handed over a functional S&W M 625-2 to an armorer trailer at Perry this year and the formerly fully functional revolver would no longer fire in DA….. It easily passed with an NRA set of weights a few days prior. How they managed to raise the single action weight and disable the DA is a mystery.
Ya get what ya pay for! Smile
BE Mike
BE Mike

orpheoet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down