Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

3 posters

Go down

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule Empty Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

Post by straybrit Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:29 am

I'm assuming this 

Service Pistol competitors may use any safe ammunition that is loaded with metal-jacketed or metal-plated bullets. Non-jacketed, wad-cutter or lead bullets may not be used.

means that JHP is legal. I thought that this would be a good time to sanity check that assumption - while I still have time to do something about it.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule Empty Re: Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

Post by Tim:H11 Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:00 am

Yes a Jacketed Hollow Point is legal and commonly used.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule Empty Re: Sanity check on my understanding of CMP ammunition rule

Post by Allen Barnett Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:04 pm

It is also my understanding that if you have any Speer or Hornady jacketed SWC's they are also legal since they are not in the true since of a 32 caliber or 38 caliber flat nosed wadcutter.

This would make any old stock Federal or Remington 185 grain SWC jacketed loads also legal!

Last edited by Allen Barnett on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info)

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down