Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicken Salad from Chicken .....

4 posters

Go down

Chicken Salad from Chicken ..... Empty Chicken Salad from Chicken .....

Post by ding-a-ling Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:19 pm

I keep nursing my old Smith & Wesson 22A along. It shoots straight, so it is worth the effort.

Of the multiple weak parts of the platform, the ones that fall apart super quick are the magazine followers. New magazines are few, far, and expensive. And basic spare parts are getting scarce (thanks to S&W abandoning customers). I was about to buy a new mag, as one of my followers that has been super glued half a dozen times failed again. I wondered if I could carve a new one out of wood, or plastic....

Eureka! Fill them in with epoxy! If the follower ends up too heavy (I doubt it) I can always drill a couple holes through the epoxy to lighten them up.

ding-a-ling

Back to top Go down

Chicken Salad from Chicken ..... Empty Re: Chicken Salad from Chicken .....

Post by zanemoseley Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 pm

You might get someone to 3d print you some as well

zanemoseley

Bangarang likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ding-a-ling Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:10 pm

zanemoseley wrote:You might get someone to 3d print you some as well

I looked around for someone who had done that, without any luck. I thought about sending a good one to Berryhill to scan and reproduce.... I paid $150 for this pistol. It really doesn't owe me a penny. I'll keep nursing it along until it's knackered. Chicken Salad from Chicken ..... 20240410

ding-a-ling

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 pm

I have a 3d printer and can try recreating a 3d model and printing some. However, I doubt the 3d-printed ones will be durable enough.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:22 pm

javaduke wrote:I have a 3d printer and can try recreating a 3d model and printing some. However, I doubt the 3d-printed ones will be durable enough.
Depends on the filament choice and print orientation. I have printed parts that have had equal or greater durability to injection molded stuff, but it is not a one size fits all situation.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down