Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about alibi rules

+12
Chris Miceli
mikemyers
Jack H
sixftunda
CR10X
Astroimage2002
Rob Kovach
Jon Eulette
jmdavis
Dr.Don
dronning
orpheoet
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question about alibi rules - Page 2 Empty Question about alibi rules

Post by orpheoet 1/12/2015, 7:39 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm not sure where to ask this question... I was denied an alibi yesterday because I "manipulated the gun". I used my shooting hand thumb to try and push the slide the last 1/8th inch forward. The gun was pointed downrange in my usual shooting position. Finger outside of trigger guard. This happened after 3rd shot of timed so I lost 20 points. At no point did I touch the gun with my non shooting hand. I accepted the denial but reading the rules last night I'm confused. Thanks.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Question about alibi rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about alibi rules

Post by joy2shoot 8/1/2017, 9:12 am

Thanks for the photos LenV.  When I clean my 41 I put gun grease (specifically TW25B) where the photo shows oil.  My thinking, right or wrong, is grease generally stays put whereas oil can be pushed out of/off of surfaces when the slide moves.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 8/9/2017, 9:54 pm

I would think that shooting more than 5 in a string of fire (10 in slow fire) would be against the rules!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 8/11/2017, 4:40 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Alibi's are allowed per match. For example; Timed fire match. TF match has (4) 5 shot strings. You are allowed (1) alibi! So if you use (1) of your alibi's by all means rack the slide, clear the jam, whatever....get those extra points. That's why it's important to have a pistol that functions 99% of the time ;p). I have some Aguila ammunition that light strikes like crazy. But I don't have any issues using it because I can normally get through a 900 with only a couple of alibi's. Obviously I wouldn't use it at an important match. But I know when to raise my hand and when to do an immediate action drill. LOL
Jon
I think I solved that problem. I dump 100 bulltets in a plastic bag drop 4 or 5 drops of lucas gun oil in the bag shake it gently and they come out like SK. have not had an FTF, FTE since.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2