Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini -- Helpful things to know

+20
James Hensler
Avalanche
james r chapman
machinist mike
TonyH
SingleActionAndrew
joy2shoot
JKR
Froneck
Toz35m
mspingeld
tab812
dronning
estuck
TampaTim
jmdavis
beeser
Jerry Keefer
Dipnet
carykiteboarder
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini -- Helpful things to know - Page 2 Empty Pardini -- Helpful things to know

Post by carykiteboarder Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

The Pardini SP Bullseye Edition is a magnificent pistol. There are a couple things, however it would be nice to have documented.
1) If you have XL hands, the Pardini grip options might not work for you.  You CAN however get the Rink XL grips at the time of purchase.  By doing so, I only paid for an "upgrade" rather than buying the Rink grip at full price.  Obviously, I don't have a normal grip that would allow people with regular size hands to shoot the pistol.
2) You should buy "moly grease". The moly-grease is a simple monthly maintenance task which is mentioned in the manual.
3) You should buy an extra dry-fire plug.  Dry-fire practice with many .22 guns is a pain.  (i.e. S&W M41)  It's a pleasure with the Pardini and you don't want to be without the little plug if you lose one.  They are under $10.
4) The "rail" on the frame is a European style dovetail groove.  DON'T assume your rings will work.  Pardini USA offers rings that have been milled to make them work.  They are fine for .22LR.  If you are handy and careful, you might be able to your stock Ultradot rings for .22LR. However, if you ever add the .32 ACP conversion, a number of folks have not been able to get the Pardini rings to hold.  
5) The Bullseye version is different from the SP New Mechanical.  The .32 conversions work on the SPBE and the .22 conversions work on the .32 HP models.

Last edited by carykiteboarder on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Pardini -- Helpful things to know - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini -- Helpful things to know

Post by carykiteboarder Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:34 pm

Froneck,
Exactly right.  However, when you get old the .32ACP is a lot less painful on the elbow joint. Yes, I admit that my .45 scores are 20-40 points lower than my CF scores but I can shoot a whole 2700 rather than having to quit after 1800.  Old age sucks but it beats the alternative.  Even old age ain't so bad if you're doing something fun.
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Pardini -- Helpful things to know - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini -- Helpful things to know

Post by JKR Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:13 pm

This is a three gun game. As long as it is, I'll shoot whatever it's easiest to put holes in the middle with. 

When I shot high-power back in the day, The word was you'll never get any where shooting a mouse gun. Look what's happened! 

We all have to shoot the 45 but the 32 makes my day a lot more fun!

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:44 am

I too fit in to the Old Fart group, the 1911 with full ball ammo was quite a bit to handle. However I still shoot and enjoy the lighter loaded 185gr loads that work well. I'm not saying that something can't be learned from shooting the 32. It helps just like the .22 and Air. But as most shooter have seen shooting the 32 in CF will lower the 45 match score so much that what ever points are gained by shooting the 32 are not enough to offset the loss of points in the 45 match. I don't mean that the 45 score is just lower but that the score is lower than the average score prior to shooting the 32 in CF. Over the years I had the chance to get to know many of the top bullseye shooters. Most did try the 32 and got better score in CF but soon noticed the 45 scores started to decline. I'm willing to state that of the shooters that frequented the stage at Perry over the years in the past and present very few if any shot the 32 regularly in CF if at all. As you know many shooters especially those at the top of the game invest in the best gun that will allow them to shoot their best score, as you get near the top the difference in points is lower and a few points matter. If the 32 would give those shooter an edge they would be shooting it!
 Simply put that if you enjoy shooting the 32 and like to have fun shooting it at matches by all means keep doing it! However if it is a goal to rise in classification and win the classification currently assigned then shooting the 32 will hamper you quest to achieve your goal.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:08 am

At Camp Perry this year, I had a chance to talk to a Cabot Team member.  He is sponsored by both Pardini and Cabot.  He uses the Pardini SPBE for .22.  He said Pardini wants him to shoot their .32 for CF but refuses to and shoots his ($12,000) .45 for CF.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:06 pm

I've been searching with no luck; does anyone have torque specifications for the SP? Top of mind is the barrel shroud.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Aww! You had to go ruin the Pardinifest!  Pardini -- Helpful things to know - Page 2 1f602
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by machinist mike Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:33 pm

I don't know if they are still available, but Larrys at one time made a rib that mounts on top of the SP upper. It utilized the front sight slot you had to tap one hole on the upper.  Thee were 2 versions, 1 was just a standard weaver base, the second was made to mount both of the pardini  sights on it so you could just remove the scope and just shoot irons.  I don't know if Cardinal has either of these units, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

machinist mike

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 pm

My question isn't to do with sights (I shoot the irons). I'm looking for recommended torque (in lbs) when tightening the screw on the SP22 BE that retains the barrel shroud assembly.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:12 pm

18 seems to work on everything.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalanche Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:33 am

carykiteboarder wrote:The Pardini SP Bullseye Edition is a magnificent pistol. There are a couple things, however it would be nice to have documented.
1) If you have XL hands, the Pardini grip options might not work for you.  You CAN however get the Rink XL grips at the time of purchase.  By doing so, I only paid for an "upgrade" rather than buying the Rink grip at full price.  Obviously, I don't have a normal grip that would allow people with regular size hands to shoot the pistol.
2) You should buy "moly grease". The moly-grease is a simple monthly maintenance task which is mentioned in the manual.
3) You should buy an extra dry-fire plug.  Dry-fire practice with many .22 guns is a pain.  (i.e. S&W M41)  It's a pleasure with the Pardini and you don't want to be without the little plug if you lose one.  They are under $10.
4) The "rail" on the frame is a European style dovetail groove.  DON'T assume your rings will work.  Pardini USA offers rings that have been milled to make them work.  They are fine for .22LR.  If you are handy and careful, you might be able to your stock Ultradot rings for .22LR. However, if you ever add the .32 ACP conversion, a number of folks have not been able to get the Pardini rings to hold.  
5) The Bullseye version is different from the SP New Mechanical.  The .32 conversions work on the SPBE and the .22 conversions work on the .32 HP models.

That's a helpful tips. Thanks for sharing

Avalanche

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:01 pm

I use the fart method 

Bottom it down a tighten it down until you fart but make sure not to over shit it!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:15 pm

You guys must be drinking almost as much as I do with the replies these days

I use a handheld torque wrench bit driver to tighten the shroud. Have to set it to something I want to take this shroud assembly off and on 1000+ times , so would like minimize wear without it coming loose on me.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Greetings,

Have a look at this chart...

Torque Values

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

lakemurrayman and SingleActionAndrew like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Efc60 wrote:Greetings,

Have a look at this chart...

Torque Values

Cheers,

Dave
Interesting. What is Amaya Embroidery?  Does this apply to firearms. It may. Also how do you determine the “Class” of the bolt you are using?
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm

I would use the “Class 8.8” values for gun screws.  And ignore everything else.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Another data point in the whole 22/32/45 Pardini debate is me. I was and am a drop in shooter for bullseye. I shot PPC for a few years and have had a gun on my hip or in my hand for 25 years. I was a solid 84% shooter in 1800s and 2700s shooting a Marvel 22 and Springfield Custom 45. I went to a a Matchguns for 22 and on a lark bought a Pardini 32 SWL used. With this combination and my 45 I shot an 88% at the state championships and won the marksman/sharpshooter class. Did I buy points? I think I did. But as long as it is within the rules then I am proud of my accomplishment. In addition I found it more enjoyable than any shoot I have participated in. Was my 45 score lower than in other competitions? Yes. Was my 22 higher? Yes. Was my CF higher? Much higher. The increase in my CF way more than made up for my decrease in 45. Is this the best way to get to high master? Maybe not. Is it the best way for me to get to Sharpshooter and Expert. I definitely believe it is.
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:39 am

Only way your 45 scores will drop while shooting a 32 in CF is if YOU  don’t put in the training and practice time needed with your 45! The only exception is with older or handicapped shooters that struggle with the recoil of the 45.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:55 pm

Old shooters..................it's in your skull. Recoil? What recoil? The bullet is long gone by the time you feel recoil. No difference between air pistol and a .45 cal 1911- it's all trigger control and follow thru.

Wes Lorenz

TonyH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:35 pm

Wes Lorenz wrote:Old shooters..................it's in your skull. Recoil? What recoil? The bullet is long gone by the time you feel recoil. No difference between air pistol and a .45 cal 1911- it's all trigger control and follow thru.
100% true. Until after the shot breaks and the recoil travels through your body x 90 or 180 times. And your body takes the brunt.
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2