Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dillon powder funnel sticking

+11
Otiso
LenV
rreid
jmdavis
mspingeld
JIMPGOV
jglenn21
BE Mike
STEVE SAMELAK
james r chapman
Chris Miceli
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dillon powder funnel sticking - Page 2 Empty Dillon powder funnel sticking

Post by Chris Miceli Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:07 am

First topic message reminder :

When i reload my 45 on my 550b  new brass or super clean brass tends to stick on the powder funnel below the bell. It can get a little violent on the press to get it unstuck. I end up having to scotch brite the funnel to get the brass streaks off of it.  That  will last for a bit then starts sticking sooner or later.   Anyone having this issue?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Dillon powder funnel sticking - Page 2 Empty Re: Dillon powder funnel sticking

Post by Chris Miceli Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:44 am

Just ordered a funnel from an ebay vendor that looks like yours Jerry.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Dave C. wrote:The problem goes away if you tumble your new or obsessively cleaned cases in corn cob or walnut media.  The small amount of media dust, or in the case of fired brass burnt powder residue is enough to stop the galling at the size die and at the expander.  And it's free.

Dave C.

This was a really good idea. I just tried it with a couple hundred 38 special cases and it worked great. There were quite a few with walnut in the primer hole but since I like to resize new brass anyhow it cleaned them right up. No sticking when I expanded and added powder. I never understood how spraying the outside of the case was supposed to stop the sticking in the expander die anyhow. Thanks Dave

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:15 pm

picked this up on ebay for $15, solved all my problems no more cases stuck on funnel.  Seller is sold out but making more. He also makes them for longer cases like the 38spc   

Dillon powder funnel sticking - Page 2 Fun

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:54 am

Christopher Miceli wrote:When i reload my 45 on my 550b  new brass or super clean brass tends to stick on the powder funnel below the bell. It can get a little violent on the press to get it unstuck. I end up having to scotch brite the funnel to get the brass streaks off of it.  That  will last for a bit then starts sticking sooner or later.   Anyone having this issue?
If using new brass, or dry wet cleaned brass lay out what you intend to load on a plate or in a bucket then spray with hornady case lube, shake it around  it dries in 60 seconds and then cases will load easy, if using tumbled brass add a tbl spoon of liquid car wax to your media and they will load easy,
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:40 am

OldMaster66 wrote:
Dave C. wrote:The problem goes away if you tumble your new or obsessively cleaned cases in corn cob or walnut media.  The small amount of media dust, or in the case of fired brass burnt powder residue is enough to stop the galling at the size die and at the expander.  And it's free.

Dave C.

This was a really good idea. I just tried it with a couple hundred 38 special cases and it worked great. There were quite a few with walnut in the primer hole but since I like to resize new brass anyhow it cleaned them right up. No sticking when I expanded and added powder. I never understood how spraying the outside of the case was supposed to stop the sticking in the expander die anyhow. Thanks Dave

Len

Doesn't matter where I intend to spray the stuff...it gets on everything   Shocked
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:36 am

Christopher Miceli wrote:picked this up on ebay for $15, solved all my problems no more cases stuck on funnel.  Seller is sold out but making more. He also makes them for longer cases like the 38spc   

Dillon powder funnel sticking - Page 2 Fun
Could you please supply a link to this auction? Also, is this for all pistol caliber or just .45?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:34 am

that was the old original style powder feed if memory serves...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dillon-Universal-Pistol-Powder-Funnel-/201520116513?hash=item2eeb88f321:g:vrgAAOSwl9BWG~w6

if you search under reloading on eBay for "Dillon universal powder" you will found several...
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:36 am

would seem all this style does is bell the case mouth
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content