Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson 22 Conversion bullseye accurate?

+11
Jack H
straybrit
Olde Pilot
dronning
jglenn21
DavidR
james r chapman
jsellar
JayhawkNavy02
Jon Eulette
Eddie 500
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nelson 22 Conversion bullseye accurate? - Page 2 Empty Nelson 22 Conversion bullseye accurate?

Post by Eddie 500 7/11/2016, 8:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Thinking about adding one to my LB TRS.

Im hoping it is as accurate as my Ruger 22/45. Would that be correct?

Eddie 500

Back to top Go down

Nelson 22 Conversion bullseye accurate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nelson 22 Conversion bullseye accurate?

Post by straybrit 7/12/2016, 10:35 am

Eddie 500 wrote:
Im hoping to bring my level up closer to theirs in the near future...and stay there. LOL

To make the standard statement in this case (if you haven't seen it already) - get this ..
http://www.brianzins.com/wp-content/uploads/USMCPistolTeamWorkbook2.pdf

read it, read it again - more carefully this time, then work your way through it.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Nelson 22 Conversion bullseye accurate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nelson 22 Conversion bullseye accurate?

Post by rich.tullo 7/12/2016, 12:59 pm

I love mine I have two on dedicated frames and an extra barrel for EIC , that is the way to go. All in that cost me under 2K and that is less then one good 208. 

The trick with conversions is make sure they feed 100% and do not scrape the bullet as it goes into the chamber. This is the biggest factor in my view of getting under 1.5 inch groups, that and making sure nothing is loose. 

To ensure good reliability some will fit the magazines but I think the better solution is to have a great smith with experience with these conversions like Jon fit the top. I also have #2.5 triggers on mine with a short roll. 

I have one that takes a standard mag catch on one frame and a lower one on another frame. That unit is the most accurate but does not lock back but I do not care much as long as it is shooting great and 100% reliable. 

I shot, 839 21x recently with it and no alibis. My best score was with a Nelson was a 867 short line. So I like them. 

RT
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 500 7/12/2016, 2:33 pm

THX Stray. Ive been reading the USMC pistol guide but have not implemented it as of yet.....but hope to soon Cool

Eddie 500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2