Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Break a 2700 match up over 3 days after work

4 posters

Go down

Break a 2700 match up over 3 days after work Empty Break a 2700 match up over 3 days after work

Post by BryanGA 2/2/2012, 6:18 pm

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea for local indoor ranges?Hold 2700 ma Hold Rimfire say on Monday night, Wednesday centerfire and Friday night or Saturday hold .45. Or one a week for a total match a month. I am just thinking that some people may not have the time to shoot a whole match and by breaking it up will allow them to shoot more under match conditions. I cannot believe that more trigger time in match conditions would not make better shooters. Plus it would give more exposure to the sport.
Also by not taking up the range for the whole time it takes to shoot a match more ranges might be open to it.
I just know I would like to do something like this. I am just getting started and having the ability to shoot more often in match conditions would be something I would be into.
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Break a 2700 match up over 3 days after work Empty Re: Break a 2700 match up over 3 days after work

Post by Dave C. 2/3/2012, 11:41 am

This would only work if you had enough BE shooters living close to your range.

The nearest match to me is 70 miles one way and as far as 150 miles one way.

So driving 420 miles to 900 miles to shoot a 2700 is not going to happen.
Dave C.
Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Break a 2700 match up over 3 days after work Empty Re: Break a 2700 match up over 3 days after work

Post by BE Mike 2/3/2012, 12:40 pm

I think most folks like to shoot in one session rather than set aside the time for different days. A better option might be to have an "1800" shooting 90 shots with the .22 and 90 shots with the centerfire pistol, all in one shooting session. Also, I think a lot of shooters feel the need to train on specific weak areas when they aren't shooting matches. Match shooting is a great tool, but it isn't the whole picture.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by BryanGA 2/3/2012, 8:37 pm

Dave C. wrote:This would only work if you had enough BE shooters living close to your range.

The nearest match to me is 70 miles one way and as far as 150 miles one way.

So driving 420 miles to 900 miles to shoot a 2700 is not going to happen.

That's my point. It is not always easy to get o a match. If you could get enough guys close to you to ask for this at a range near you it might be something they would be willing to do if it did not take up all their lanes for a long time. Like BE Mike said maybe make it just a smaller match.
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 2/6/2012, 11:06 am

Good idea Bryan, however in our case the range gets spoken for nearly every night of the week.
Mondays-Air
Tuesdays-Light Rifle
Wednesdays-Pistol
thursdays-Junior shooters
Friday-action pistol and Cowboy action

Weekends aren't much better, most of the years weekends are scheduled before the end of the prior year. I would love to be able to shoot a match at least every other weekend instead of one a month, on the good months.

Other than my local range, the nearest BE range is 130 miles. One way.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by BryanGA 2/6/2012, 12:17 pm

I am including indoor ranges and reduced distance matches. The rage I belong to only has 25 yrs. I am lucky that there are full distance matches that are not too far to get to. My problem is my schedule varies and I am not always off on weekends.
BryanGA
BryanGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down