Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member introduction Topic

+135
bwoodc12
thebassdude
MrSpradlin
Gartenmeister
whitel
Snappyobx
BanjerMan
Toonces
rrampe
Stuman
wjwillia
TJ1911
Sparky_D
dsimmons
DA/SA
EdgardoRohrbaugh
axehandle42
Fairfaxeddy
Frank Brown
DK
ScottB
House11
FimRire RongLifle
NWSteve
Single_handed
jthude
stead
Miller Harry
SaraiEsq
L. Boscoe
Woofie
SingleActionAndrew
Wolfi191145austria
Lueftl
JRV
Blazin
thor
Danw
BruceV
shootz
Seven95
RodJ
lee212
PhotoEscape
Gilou
rreid
Dcforman
Dan Webb
IowaShooter
TomH_pa
Thin Man
CLM
JKR
Psween
OutOfRound
Nightshift82
Lefty
Jimkinmd
Allen Barnett
Jeff Porter
grinchcop
Olde Pilot
Manetti
lakemurrayman
Marchboom
MattMcL
airedale
Leszek77
1joel1
TDP0311
TonyH
northern41
chaffa99
Mel427
Addison203
dronning
cam_1100
PacFltShooter
Garsutt
steveu
Speedy396
KBarth
mwiggins
duffy47591
Stork
David R
C.Walsh
Distinguished- 2086
Poorboy22
chopper
adamperry62
danhue
bob7398
robert84010
valbern67
Richard L
ilLonfo
dev6682
LRS Guy
Jack H
Bpjunkie
BBLain274
Eric D. Adams
TureB
EWN64
lyman1903
Dr.Don
VNK971
willnewton
mcconnor
jagbender
tray999
tomsp8
SeabeeCE
Jon Eulette
SonOfAGun
limbodude
OneRound
sw_slinger
kilowhiskey
losi b
SNaymola
jimorjames
Pistolina
Soupy44
LenV
gjconlon777
Aprilian
gexhj63
Wobbley
tonton christobal
Robert Firch
mspingeld
Jon Math
DavidR
139 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 6 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 6 Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by OutOfRound Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 pm

Good day!
New to the forum but very interested in learning formal bullseye things! I spent a lot of time in the early/mid 2000s doing falling plate with my local club, but a move and career change ended up squelching most of my shooting fun. I was a Shooting Sports Director for many summers at the local Boy Scout Camp, and I'm quite proud to have run at least 1,000+ youth shooters through the NRA's "First Steps" program back in the day. I'm stuck at home at the moment so I pulled out some of the old gear and figured I'd try to get back into a more structured shooting hobby.
I'd like to get my Hämmerli Trailside/X-ESSE back up and running, and the old Colt pre-Woodsman just keeps on kickin' ...as long as its standard velocity Wink  I miss my now irreplaceable Ruger MkII slab side greatly (if I had known then what I know now...) but I'll eek along with a Buckmark while I still can. Thanks!

OutOfRound

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:11 pm

New to Bullseye, but lifelong pistol shooter. Shot air pistol pretty seriously for a few years, so comfortable with precision pistol shooting. Other interests are airplanes, as a pilot, mechanic, and builder. Live in southern MN where I can shoot out my back door when I feel like it. Hoping to find some reasonably local matches to try out. Looks like the Twin Cities has a few clubs that shoot bullseye regularly, that's probably my closest. Wish me luck!

Patrick

Psween

Wobbley and lee212 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:26 am

Patrick,
There’s a great indoor winter league in Osage Iowa. Runs Nov. thru March I believe. Nicely ventilated 25 yard range. Should be a short trip for you. 
Great outdoor matches at Oakdale too!
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Osage is only about 45 minutes away, thanks for the heads up. Talked to a few people in Rochester, looks like there is a winter indoor league at SEMN Sportsman Club there as well, but the range doesn't get much praise. That's only 25 minutes from me, so would be convenient if I want to shoot there.

Psween

Back to top Go down

Post by CLM Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Patrick,Where are you located ? I'm in Rochester and have shot in Southern Minnesota league for over 10 yrs.I think we have a decent range,both in and out.We shoot 50ft NMC every Mon. and Tues. at 6pm.The Fall league starts after Labor day for 13wks and Winter league after the 1st of year for 15 wks.We also have a 25/50 outside on Tues through the summer.There are over 50 shooters with some coming 40 miles in several directions.There are also 3 pilots ! 1 commercial !Some people knock our outdoor range because no drawing from holster or cross shooting.If they are into run and gun they have to go North to Pine Island.I also try to make Osage when I can for their monthly.Actually JKR scored my targets the last time I was there this past winter.

Chris

CLM

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi Chris, nice to find a local. I'm down 63 between Spring Valley and Grand Meadow, so only about 20 minutes out of Rochester. If you know of Four Daughters Winery, that's my family and I live near there. When and if this whole Covid blows over I'd be happy to give your league a try. Is it .22 only? Thanks,

Patrick

Psween

Back to top Go down

Post by CLM Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:20 pm

We have been to several big events at Four Daughters.I know right where your at. What a place.I sent you a PM.Give me a call !

CLM

Back to top Go down

Post by Thin Man Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:41 pm

I’m in my mid 50s. I’ve been shooting for a decade or so (I shot .22 rifle as a kid). About a year and a half ago, I joined a local club and started shooting something like PPC matches. Most people use revolvers. I now have a decent revolver collection. The club also runs indoor .22 Bullseye matches. Hence my introduction here. I have a Ruger Mark II Government Target with iron sights and Vitarbo grips. I believe it was worked on as the trigger is much better than stock. I have just purchased a Hammerli 207 with the intention of mounting an Ultradot on it. I am located in southern Connecticut. I appreciate the knowledge base here and have been doing a lot of reading.

Thin Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TomH_pa Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Welcome

TomH_pa

Thin Man likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 6 Empty new member introduction topic

Post by lakemurrayman Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 pm

welcome aboard.Lot of knowledge here.

lakemurrayman

Thin Man likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IowaShooter Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Greetings fellow Bullseye shooters:

I’m a 65 yr old recreational shooter and reloader who just started shooting bullseye matches (only one so far... an indoor 1800 match).  We live in eastern Iowa and are blessed with many grandchildren. I’m still working but work from home (permanently - unrelated to the Chinese virus).

The bullseye bug has hit me hard... I go to the indoor range 3 times a week to practice. 

I found a used Pachmayr box and bought a new S&W model 41 performance center.  A Sig Romeo5 dot sight sits atop. I shoot CCI std velocity through it. 

For my .45, I dropped in an Ed Brown match grade barrel and installed a Vortex Venom dot sight (using an EGW sight mount) on an old Para GI Expert 1911. I’ve been shooting 200gr SWC in it and it performs well for me.

Looking forward to learning a lot here.

First thing I learned is that some others here have made a Tandemkross charging ring (the SW22 model) work on the Model 41... I have trouble racking that slide and need one!

Jim

IowaShooter

lakemurrayman and Thin Man like this post

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 6 Empty New Member 4-10-21

Post by Dan Webb Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:59 pm

My name is Dan Webb. I'm from Marquette, Mi, located on the middle of the Southern shore of Lake Superior. I moved a few miles up the highway six years ago to Negaunee. My home club is the Negaunee Rod and Gun Club. I've been a member there for 26 years. I started shooting bullseye in 1996 with the very generous help of fellow club members. One of the members was a former AMU pistol team member and another was the then current Michigan bullseye champion and Mayleigh Cup team member. 

I have been away from regular shooting for about ten years and am looking forward to getting back at it. My club is located less than 2 miles from my house, so it's easy to shoot whenever I have spare time.

Other interests are hunting, fishing, cooking, canoeing, kayaking, biking, fly tying and reloading. 

I've read lots of posts on this forum and really like the all around demeanor of the members. That was the biggest reason that I wanted to join this forum. Bullseye people are just plain and simply the best people I know.  

Dan

Dan Webb

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Welcome! 

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:58 pm

Jim,

Welcome to the forum. If you are the same person, I've received your entry for the sectional and looking forward to meeting you.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilou Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:29 am

Hello 

My name is Gilou
I’m French, sorry about my English

I’m a shooter and reloader with dillon 650 

For many years I have been attending weapon forums
I am an administrator of several French forums

And it is with pleasure that I come to exchange here on this excellent forum
Even if my English is approximate

Good forum to all
Gilou
Gilou

lee212 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am

Welcome to the forum Gilles!

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:29 am

Bienvenue au forum, Giles!  

Mon Francais est tres peu, mais je peux me faire comprendre parfois!
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilou Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:57 am

thank you Alex and  Wobbley

Wobbley ton français est bien ( good )
Gilou
Gilou

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:50 am

Merci.  I still have to use a dictionary occasionally to get the right word tho….amazing what I remember from my high school French.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lee212 Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:55 am

chaffa99 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around for a while and finally decided to join. I mostly shoot for fun but have been taking more and more interest in bulls eye shooting. I am located in SLC Utah, and the only "competitive" experience I have with bulls eye is the yearly Corporate games. I have a modified Ruger MKII that I have used to some success but find too heavy with its volquartsen 6 inch barrel, so I am looking (and researching) on what bulls eye pistol I should consider as my introductory one.

Jose Martinez
Welcome Aboard

lee212

Back to top Go down

Post by lee212 Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:55 am

Gilou wrote:Hello 

My name is Gilou
I’m French, sorry about my English

I’m a shooter and reloader with dillon 650 

For many years I have been attending weapon forums
I am an administrator of several French forums

And it is with pleasure that I come to exchange here on this excellent forum
Even if my English is approximate

Good forum to all
Welcome to the forum

lee212

Back to top Go down

Post by lee212 Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:57 am

Psween wrote:New to Bullseye, but lifelong pistol shooter. Shot air pistol pretty seriously for a few years, so comfortable with precision pistol shooting. Other interests are airplanes, as a pilot, mechanic, and builder. Live in southern MN where I can shoot out my back door when I feel like it. Hoping to find some reasonably local matches to try out. Looks like the Twin Cities has a few clubs that shoot bullseye regularly, that's probably my closest. Wish me luck!

Patrick
Hello and welcome

lee212

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:29 am

Hello from Austin, Texas. I’ve been bumbling around for a couple months on this site and the information ad help people offer is amazing. And, the occasional humor / banter is hilarious.

I’m in my late fifties and have been shooting for many years but never “precision”. Then one day this spring it hit me, it was boring. Can’t quite recall what it was that reminded me of the 2700 matches at our club. Turns out they had just started up again and I was lucky to shoot my first partial match in June. The .22 cal 900 portion (I had chores to do). Long and short, I’m hooked.

My father liked shooting pistol for accuracy and reloading 45acp, 38 spl, and 9mm. I started reloading during the great ammo shortage of 2008/2009 on a Hornady progressive, but recently pulled out a rock chucker my father gave me. It’s a lot more soothing. I have his Colt GCNM, SW 41, and SW 67, as well as my own “indiscretions”.  Shooting a HS Victor which I really enjoy. 

Hobbies are shooting of course, fishing, including largemouth bass and fly fishing, fly tying, farting around in the garage fixing things, minor woodworking, swimming, hiking, the usual.  No longer hunt, but loved bird especially duck hunting. No kiddos but we maintain furry creatures.

I’m also excellent on a leash and fully house trained.

RodJ

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 6 Empty Howdy from Buffalo

Post by Seven95 Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Howdy from Buffalo.

Got introduced to Project Appleseed about six years ago. And until COVID-19 shutdown, I've been shooting rifles at Appleseeds a couple times a year. Scored 'Rifleman' a couple of times. Enjoy the history of the Revolution, too. Started with a Marlin 795, progressed to building my own 10/22 style rifle.

Finally got my paper work in order & got my pistol permit. So, I am very new to pistol shooting - targets resemble #3 buckshot rounds from a coach gun more than they do any sort of precision .22LR. Been suggested I join the club pistol team, maybe more for my handicap, than my current ability. Still, I'm sure with practice I will get better and have fun along the way.

Stopped at this forum this afternoon, was mostly searching for SW22 Victory advice, upgrades, hacks, info. Decided to join.

About Me.
Retired IT Professional; former machinist; current Grandfather;
Current interests include vegetable gardening; cooking; bees; tweaking my firearms; tinkering with anything; science fiction; stargazing; being outdoors; bird watching; learning to shoot my SW22 Victory accurately.

Go Bills!

Seven95

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:35 pm

Seven95 wrote:Howdy from Buffalo.

Got introduced to Project Appleseed about six years ago. And until COVID-19 shutdown, I've been shooting rifles at Appleseeds a couple times a year. Scored 'Rifleman' a couple of times. Enjoy the history of the Revolution, too. Started with a Marlin 795, progressed to building my own 10/22 style rifle.

Finally got my paper work in order & got my pistol permit. So, I am very new to pistol shooting - targets resemble #3 buckshot rounds from a coach gun more than they do any sort of precision .22LR. Been suggested I join the club pistol team, maybe more for my handicap, than my current ability. Still, I'm sure with practice I will get better and have fun along the way.

Stopped at this forum this afternoon, was mostly searching for SW22 Victory advice, upgrades, hacks, info. Decided to join.

About Me.
Retired IT Professional; former machinist; current Grandfather;
Current interests include vegetable gardening; cooking; bees; tweaking my firearms; tinkering with anything; science fiction; stargazing; being outdoors; bird watching; learning to shoot my SW22 Victory accurately.

Go Bills!
Go Bills! My partner at work is the mother of Mitch Morse, starting center, so I’m now a Bills fan. cheers And, Welcome from another new member! I have a SW22 Victory as well but for a fun plinker.  If you get into precision you might look at replacing the fiber optic sights with target sights, but who knows the stock ones may work fine.  If you have not looked at rimfirecentral.com it’s a buzzing hive of info with sub forums. Tons of Victory info there.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next