Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member introduction Topic

+135
bwoodc12
thebassdude
MrSpradlin
Gartenmeister
whitel
Snappyobx
BanjerMan
Toonces
rrampe
Stuman
wjwillia
TJ1911
Sparky_D
dsimmons
DA/SA
EdgardoRohrbaugh
axehandle42
Fairfaxeddy
Frank Brown
DK
ScottB
House11
FimRire RongLifle
NWSteve
Single_handed
jthude
stead
Miller Harry
SaraiEsq
L. Boscoe
Woofie
SingleActionAndrew
Wolfi191145austria
Lueftl
JRV
Blazin
thor
Danw
BruceV
shootz
Seven95
RodJ
lee212
PhotoEscape
Gilou
rreid
Dcforman
Dan Webb
IowaShooter
TomH_pa
Thin Man
CLM
JKR
Psween
OutOfRound
Nightshift82
Lefty
Jimkinmd
Allen Barnett
Jeff Porter
grinchcop
Olde Pilot
Manetti
lakemurrayman
Marchboom
MattMcL
airedale
Leszek77
1joel1
TDP0311
TonyH
northern41
chaffa99
Mel427
Addison203
dronning
cam_1100
PacFltShooter
Garsutt
steveu
Speedy396
KBarth
mwiggins
duffy47591
Stork
David R
C.Walsh
Distinguished- 2086
Poorboy22
chopper
adamperry62
danhue
bob7398
robert84010
valbern67
Richard L
ilLonfo
dev6682
LRS Guy
Jack H
Bpjunkie
BBLain274
Eric D. Adams
TureB
EWN64
lyman1903
Dr.Don
VNK971
willnewton
mcconnor
jagbender
tray999
tomsp8
SeabeeCE
Jon Eulette
SonOfAGun
limbodude
OneRound
sw_slinger
kilowhiskey
losi b
SNaymola
jimorjames
Pistolina
Soupy44
LenV
gjconlon777
Aprilian
gexhj63
Wobbley
tonton christobal
Robert Firch
mspingeld
Jon Math
DavidR
139 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR 11/11/2016, 5:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty New to Bullseye but looking forward to this sport.

Post by NWSteve 1/20/2023, 9:46 pm

I have been shooting in the North Idaho area in a match group for a couple of months. All of the other participants have fancy Volquardsens, Mark IVs, High Standards etc. I, on the other hand have been improving every week, working my scores up every week from the 180s to a 258 last week (25 yard course) shooting with a Sig Sauer 322, lol. Tomorrow I am picking up an Erma ESP 85a and can't wait for next Thursday to come. I gave it a test run and put all 10 rounds inside a 2" group at 50'. Super excited to step up my equipment.

NWSteve

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by FimRire RongLifle 2/16/2023, 9:55 pm

Hi I'm new but I might have an older account I forgot. I still have my black pistol shooters treasury I got as a teen. I was shooting rifle and the last 5 years prs/nrl rifle. In cf and rimfire. I realized the closest club to me is ruch in bullseye history and I have the bug again to shoot pistol.
Iin in north Florida
FimRire RongLifle
FimRire RongLifle

Back to top Go down

Post by House11 3/4/2023, 6:57 pm

Hello from Western PA. I’m a long time smallbore rifle 3P/4P shooter. Last winter I wanted to find another shooting sport to supplement my smallbore rifle shooting that didn’t require lugging around as much equipment. I started shooting bullseye summer of ‘22 with my Hammerli Trailside. I found a Walther GSP locally and picked that up mid summer. I’ve been shooting .22 only so far, but I’m looking to pick up a 1911 so I can shoot centerfire soon. I’ve been really enjoying the sport so far.

House11

FimRire RongLifle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottB 3/21/2023, 3:10 pm

Greetings from Eastern Nebraska!

I started shooting EIC matches in 2020 and entered my first 2700 the following year.  I shoot indoor matches in Lincoln, NE during the winter and outdoor matches during the summer at Weeping Water, NE.

I've lurked on this forum for well over a year.  Between the tips/techniques I've picked up through the forum, Bruce Martindale's "Feeling Center" book and of course regular training I've been able to improve my 2700 scores by almost 500 points.

Looking forward to continued learning from other shooters and contributing where I can as an active member of the forum.

Scott
ScottB
ScottB

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DK 3/27/2023, 10:58 am

Hello from West Michigan.  I’m a recently retired guy who now has time to revisit competitive shooting.   The group at my local winter gallery league has been very helpful as I am new to this particular shooting sport. This forum is also a source of great information and I look forward to learning more as I try to improve my skills while simultaneously fending off the ravages of Father Time.

DK

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty new member

Post by Frank Brown 4/17/2023, 6:45 pm

Trying to get a message to a person on about a .357/.44 Bain and Davis parts for sale but since I'm new I can't post. How do I get a hold of him?

Frank Brown

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty new member

Post by Frank Brown 4/18/2023, 9:11 am

I am a new member trying to leave a message for MuayThaiJJ
How do I get a message to him if I can't post for seven days

Frank Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairfaxeddy 4/23/2023, 12:04 am

Hi all

Been shooting bullseye in-doors for a little more than a year now in SE PA. Started shooting pistols in general about five years ago. Have been trying to soak up the tips and pointers from here. Recently getting into reloading 45s so there’s another world of knowledge that I need to dive into. Thank you all for the amazing resources!

Fairfaxeddy

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by axehandle42 5/1/2023, 8:04 pm

New to the forum. Really enjoying the site so far.

axehandle42

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by axehandle42 5/1/2023, 8:07 pm

Hello, 

I am from Virginia. I have been shooting bullseye in competion and at the NRA range. I cast bullets and repair firearms. I enjoy collecting civil war Era firearms.

axehandle42

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgardoRohrbaugh 5/19/2023, 2:57 am

Hi all, I am new here, very happy to be a member of this forum, my name is Edgardo Rohrbaugh, I am from Miami. just wanted to wish you a great mood, and a good hunt!

EdgardoRohrbaugh

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 5/19/2023, 6:21 am

EdgardoRohrbaugh wrote: I am from Miami. just wanted to wish you a great mood, and a good hunt!
Yes, it is Buffalo season again here in South Florida!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by dsimmons 7/29/2023, 10:55 am

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum and to bullseye shooting.

I was fortunate enough to go to Camp Perry to experience my first go around at pistol bullseye, but I would not have been able to do it without the support of the community as a whole. My friends stepped up to loan me guns and really support me with great gear to be able to enjoy myself. 

I am a 17 Army veteran currently still in the National Guard. I previously worked in the firearms industry for almost a decade and always focused primarily on the tactical / action side of the house. With that being said, I rarely met my match out on the range and always felt that the USPSA / IDPA leagues were too "Sport" like for me to ever enjoy them. After Perry I really had a much better appreciation of pistol bullseye shooting. The utmost precise mapping out and dissecting of the multiple layers of both pre and post shot fundamentals is really a great way to push your limits and grow your skill. Yes, if I were to watch it on TV it would barely beat golf, but a completely different feeling out on the line.

I would say I am hooked.

Got a smoking deal I couldn't pass up on a 1911A1 Springfield while at Perry and then just picked up a Hammerli 215... wish someone would have warned me about the mags!! 

If anyone has some they are able to part with at a reasonable price, please let me know!

dsimmons

John Dervis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 7/29/2023, 11:38 am

Welcome.  You might want to post a “Want to buy” add for additional mags for your 215 in the Bulkseye Gins and Gear For Sale/Wanted forum section.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky_D 8/3/2023, 12:14 pm

Hello all.

I recently started my foray into Bullseye Shooting this year and am hooked!

Right now, I'm using my upgraded Taurus TX22 Competition model (used for Fun Steel), but I have a Ruger MKII that I recently acquired that will become my dedicated Bullseye pistol eventually.

Came here to find information, tips, tricks, and encouragement.

Not new to forums, just new to this one.
Thanks

Sparky_D

John Dervis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1911 8/4/2023, 11:09 pm

I like to say I'm just an old 1911 driver. Started out shooting USPSA in the early 80's and did that for many years. My first bullseye matches were actually International style events (Centerfire, Standard Pistol, and Rapid Fire) at the old San Diego PD range. I also shot a few times at the long gone Black Mountain Training Center in Poway. I didn't shoot an NRA/CMP style event until 2020. I've had some health issues over the last couple of years which slowed me down quite a bit, but am starting to feel better so maybe I'll get to a local match in the fall.

TJ1911

shanneba and SaraiEsq like this post

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty New Member Here

Post by wjwillia 9/6/2023, 5:03 pm

Hello from Northeast NC....I shot bullseye many years ago and want to pick it back up again.

wjwillia

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuman 9/12/2023, 4:45 pm

Hello name is Stuart and I thought I would introduce myself to the group. I'm in Aliso Viejo CA and shoot at the local range, On Target mostly. 

I'm new to shooting handguns in general, I've only been shooting for about a year. I became a member at a local indoor range and have been going a couple times a week over the past year. I really like the idea of Bullseye shooting, but I have not competed yet. I probably will want to compete at some point, but I'd like to become more proficient before I do. 

I really like target shooting and the sort of Zen aspect to it. I enjoy the focus required to shoot well. I've been reading a lot on this forum, some books, and watching videos (mostly Brian Zins stuff on NRAPubs Youtube), and read a lot on bullseyepistol dot com as well. 

I started off shooting a Buckmark, then upgraded to a S&W Model 41. I also have a Kimber 1911 Stainless II Target. I'm using iron sights and plan to upgrade to a optic at some point, but I though it would be interesting to see how well I can do with iron sights before I upgrade. 

I've taken a pretty methodical approach to learning to shoot. Starting off with my 22, two-handed at 7 yards, then moving the target out to 25 yards (max at my range). I then started all over again trying to learn to shoot one-handed. I'm currently trying to get better one-handed at 25 yards with my 22. 

One of my issues to overcome is that I'm cross-eye dominant (Right hand/left eye). I've been experimenting with different methods based on what I've read here and have kind of settled on shooting right handed with some transparent stickers (Like Magic Dot, but from Avery labels) on the right lens of my glasses. I also typically wear bifocals, but had some glasses made with fixed focal distance set to my front sight I use when shooting. I also tried shooting left handed, but my left hand doesn't seem to be as steady and is weaker. 

Anyway, I've been a motorcycle racer for a long time and also work as a riding coach. I worked as a riding coach full time for about 10 years and still coach today (at 56 years old). I recognize the value in learning good technique from the start so that bad habits don't become engrained. I also understand the importance of focused practice and not just doing. One of my favorite sayings is "Practice doesn't make perfect, Perfect/focused practice makes perfect. In motorcycle racing you can spend a lot of money and tires wasting time riding around practicing bad technique. I would think the same applies to wasting a lot of ammo at the range or time dry firing, if you don't have some focus on what you are trying to improve. 

I look forward to participating in this forum, it's been a wealth of information to read through already.
Stuman
Stuman

Jon Eulette and chopper like this post

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty Back again

Post by rrampe 10/21/2023, 11:04 pm

Decided to finally dip my toes back into shooting after a long absence. Had to start a new account it's been so long.
 Anyway, hello and if any of my old friends are here say hi.

rrampe

Jon Eulette likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 10/21/2023, 11:20 pm

Excellent another HM in the ranks. You lose your classification after 5 yrs I believe.  Time to climb back up the ladder!
Welcome back!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

rrampe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toonces 10/25/2023, 9:07 pm

Hello from Central Wisconsin,
I've been a bullseye dabbler since 1994, when I went to Michigan Technological University and joined the Pistol Club.  Due to more than a few moves and jobs, a major home rebuild, and a couple of kids; I've been in and out of bullseye.  I'm currently out due to time constraints and a couple of injuries, but I still love the mechanical precision of the equipment, shooting the guns, and reading about the game.  I'm a Metallurgical Engineer by training, but I've been a Quality Engineer for the past 25 years, 20 years in precision machining and the last 5 years in electronic switching/HMI.

I've lurked here off and on over the years.  I'm here because I love reading posts about people's journey to better shooting, exotic target pistols, the gunsmithing tales, browsing the for sale items, maintenance tips & tricks on oddball pistols (I ordered obscure tools  for my 208 maintenance after reading a how-to on changing the FP)...all in a rather friendly environment.

Thank you all,

Toonces

Toonces

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 10/25/2023, 11:15 pm

Another “Toot!”  Welcome.

Class of ‘78….
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toonces 10/26/2023, 9:13 am

Wobbley wrote:Another “Toot!”  Welcome.

Class of ‘78….
What was your major?

We referred to that time as the glory years, as the Hockey team was consistently not good while we were there in ‘94-‘98.  They were good at brawling though…

Toonces

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 10/26/2023, 1:16 pm

Mechanical Engineering.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic - Page 8 Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by BanjerMan 11/16/2023, 3:12 pm

I recently joined the forum. I retired from the Army and worked several more years as an Army civilian and am now fully retired and getting back into competitive shooting.  Mostly .22lr because it’s fun and affordable…..and easy on hands and ears…..getting older is a joy. I’m also an avid bluegrass nerd..,.banjo picker…and yup I’ve heard all the jokes. Look forward to learning from others on the site.

BanjerMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next