Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro's and Con's of dedicated '22 pistols compared to 1911 conversions for Bullseye Shooting

+22
Founder
mspingeld
Dcforman
Merick
WesG
TonyH
messenger
JKR
Sa-tevp
Vociferous
LenV
Wobbley
mpolans
gregbenner
zanemoseley
dronning
DA/SA
SW-52
kidneyboy
james r chapman
Aprilian
mikemyers
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pro's and Con's of dedicated '22 pistols compared to 1911 conversions for Bullseye Shooting - Page 4 Empty Pro's and Con's of dedicated '22 pistols compared to 1911 conversions for Bullseye Shooting

Post by mikemyers Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

The title says it all.  I couldn't find an existing thread earlier today when I was searching, so here goes.

For bullseye, what are the reasons for and against building a 1911 conversion, compared to just buying a dedicated '22 pistol.

For that matter, what are the current sources for a bullseye-quality conversion kit, and will they just "drop in" on an existing bullseye 1911?

For those who need/want optics, what choices are there?

Do they come with a Bullseye quality barrel, or does that become a special order part?

Does the 1911 need to be modified to work at its best with a conversion?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Pro's and Con's of dedicated '22 pistols compared to 1911 conversions for Bullseye Shooting - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro's and Con's of dedicated '22 pistols compared to 1911 conversions for Bullseye Shooting

Post by dronning Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:17 am

james r chapman wrote:Didn’t read past XD only. 
Wonder if it works on a XD(M) 5.25 9mm?
Yep, kit# 940-4M, check out this table - click link:
Use the table below to determine which kit fits your XD handgun
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Pro's and Con's of dedicated '22 pistols compared to 1911 conversions for Bullseye Shooting - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro's and Con's of dedicated '22 pistols compared to 1911 conversions for Bullseye Shooting

Post by Dr.Don Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:16 am

I didn't read this whole thread, so maybe somebody has already made this point.  An awful lot of us who use a 22 conversion have put it on a "dedicated" lower and it stays there.  So it is in essence a "dedicated 22" in 1911 format.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Not sure about others, but that's pretty much what I plan to do.

It will be a 22, but similar in many ways to my 45, so it is likely to help me improve shooting the larger gun.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4