Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole

+4
PhotoEscape
james r chapman
inthebeech
mikemyers
8 posters

Go down

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole Empty MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole

Post by mikemyers 5/25/2019, 8:06 am

I don't want to start up old threads again, and I don't see an existing thread in which to ask, so I'll do so here.   
I've been using the same brass for four or five years, maybe 250 cases left of Winchester White Box ammo brass.  At most, I've got 300.  Starting to get cracked cases, and they're no longer seating perfectly in my LYMAN case gauge.  

Is this something good to start using:

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/cases/pistol-cases/45-acp/45-acp-brightfired-large-primer-fully-processed-brass-cases-1/

I would likely order 500 of them.  Plan B is Starline, but then I need to process each of them before using.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole Empty Re: MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole

Post by inthebeech 5/25/2019, 8:18 am

If you have the means, go for it.
I am sticking with once-fired mixed headstamp (generally available at about $40-$50/m purchased 2m at a time) until my shooting skill dictates that I can go not further without the pretty stuff.  Given that my gun shoots two inches in a machine now, I probably never will.
I also don't have to get ocd about finding every last case.   rabbit
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole Empty Re: MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole

Post by james r chapman 5/25/2019, 9:03 am

My problem with purchasing range brass is most come from LEO ranges and will often contain full auto heavy crimped oddball brass.
I cut my losses with star line or JAG brass.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 5/25/2019, 9:50 am

Full auto 45 acp firearms in law enforcement?
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/25/2019, 10:13 am

Is there a better source for fully processed brass cases, with large primer holes?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 5/25/2019, 10:58 am

Mike,
What is yours (and others) definition of "processed brass cases"?  I have a metric ton (I'm not kidding) of head stamp sorted and cleaned brass, and happily sell you as many as you want.  However other then cleaning it, I process brass when I load as it makes no sense to pre-process brass while using progressive presses.  Obviously I can easily process brass the way you want, but I'd rather not to spend time.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV 5/25/2019, 1:23 pm

mikemyers wrote:Is there a better source for fully processed brass cases, with large primer holes?
https://store.tjconevera.com/onfi45auprbr.html

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 5/25/2019, 2:11 pm

JIMPGOV wrote:
mikemyers wrote:Is there a better source for fully processed brass cases, with large primer holes?
https://store.tjconevera.com/onfi45auprbr.html
+1 I've used them many times for plated (plinking) bullets, always good service.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 5/25/2019, 3:50 pm

inthebeech wrote:Full auto 45 acp firearms in law enforcement?
beats me. it was .38 spl and had the weirdest crimps that were very difficult to wring out.
just my example of what you can get.

maybe Thomson's left over from WWII??
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/25/2019, 4:34 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:Mike,
What is yours (and others) definition of "processed brass cases"? .......
Not certain what it officially means, or implies.  Maybe it's just advertising?

I suspect it means they've removed the primer, cleaned the primer socket, and tumbled them until they look clean.
Apparently they come with many different head stamps.
I have no idea what else they may or may not do....

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole Screen51
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/25/2019, 4:38 pm

Maybe this is the definition of what "processed brass" means:

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole Screen52
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 5/25/2019, 5:15 pm

Reaming primer pockets would indicate military crimped primer, right?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 5/25/2019, 5:34 pm

james r chapman wrote:Reaming primer pockets would indicate military crimped primer, right?

Not necessarily. If they’re running mixed brass, crimped and non-crimped it all gets reamed.

As for the definition of Processed” brass it can mean many things. Decapped, Military crimp removed, resized, trimmed, polished.... the list goes on. Whatever the level of processing it should be stated somewhere in the ad.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/25/2019, 6:17 pm

Mixing two different threads. This looks like a lot better deal.  75.00=1000

https://atlantaarms.com/products/45acp-fully-processed-brass-1000-pieces.html

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole 45brassedit__94025.1455210410.1280.1280

New school meets old school.

MrBullets Cases, 45 ACP, processed, large primer hole Th?id=OIP
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/25/2019, 7:45 pm

LenV wrote:Mixing two different threads. This looks like a lot better deal.  75.00=1000

https://atlantaarms.com/products/45acp-fully-processed-brass-1000-pieces.html
Len, thanks! 
I will confirm that it comes with their own head stamp, and if so, place an order on Tuesday.
I read your other post.  
If you use and like them, that's good enough for me!!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/25/2019, 9:55 pm

Hi Mike, There were a couple of assumptions there I should respond to. I would bet they have a different head stamp. They go to a lot of effort to not show a stamp in the photo. That wasn't really an assumption because you planned on checking. 2. I don't use them I was just checking out prices. 3. Since I don't use them I don't have an opinion how good they are. Heck, the only thing I did say was I think they are a better deal. Laughing I buy Starline and other quality brass that comes on sale.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/26/2019, 4:16 pm

Thanks; I like the recommendation of shooting a few boxes of my 230 grain WWB ammo,  and collecting the cases.  Maybe that's the best plan....
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down