Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning an AW93

4 posters

Go down

Cleaning an AW93 Empty Cleaning an AW93

Post by thessler 6/2/2019, 7:25 pm

Hi
Did my first cleaning on this gun tonight.
Supplied in the case is a pistol cleaning rod and nylon brush. When I attempted to use it from the rear of the gun the rod was binding up, it should have zero drag. Upon further investigation from the rear the hammer is pushing up on the rod slightly pushing it out of center of the barrel .
So I must be missing something , the gun came new with a cleaning rod and brush and there is a hole in the rear of the gun that lines up with the barrel . There must be some way to hold the hammer down just slightly to clear the rod, but I haven't figured it out. Any info on this greatly appreciated .
Thanks,  Tom

thessler

Back to top Go down

Cleaning an AW93 Empty Re: Cleaning an AW93

Post by WesG 6/2/2019, 7:59 pm

The hole in the frame on mine doesn't line up with the bore at all. It's too high.

I use a pull thru.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 6/2/2019, 8:02 pm

I would quietly suggest you take the "cleaning" rod and put it away somewhere.  Most good (quality) .22s only need a pull through patch in the barrel and a .243 brush in the chamber only, and then carefully.  See notes on cleaning Hammerli 208, etc on Ed's website or elsewhere on the net.  Just a suggestion, its your gun.  But a gun only has so many Xs in it before it runs out, one way or another. Smile  

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by thessler 6/3/2019, 6:39 am

OK thanks guys. 
I really didn't like the idea of using a steel rod down that barrel,  but I assumed since it was supplied that was the way to go. Will investigate the pull through method.
Tom

thessler

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 6/3/2019, 7:07 am

Try this....Patch Worm
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content