Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your opinion on the tupper ware pistols today?

+22
Outthere
New2BE
james r chapman
LenV
tovaert
Sa-tevp
Jack H
mikemyers
Wobbley
SonOfAGun
CR10X
CrankyThunder
rreid
STEVE SAMELAK
Arthur
dronning
Asa Yam
machinist mike
messenger
chiz1180
zanemoseley
smsnyder
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your opinion on the tupper ware pistols today? Empty What is your opinion on the tupper ware pistols today?

Post by smsnyder 4/23/2020, 1:58 pm

Yep many pistols being made out of polymer/ plastic today. What you guys think?

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on the tupper ware pistols today? Empty Re: What is your opinion on the tupper ware pistols today?

Post by zanemoseley 4/23/2020, 2:19 pm

For me they're for carry use only. They usually don't weight enough for bullseye shooting and the frame "rails" are usually molded into the polymer so you'll have limited options for fitting and welding if you decide to accurize.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on the tupper ware pistols today? Empty Re: What is your opinion on the tupper ware pistols today?

Post by chiz1180 4/23/2020, 3:35 pm

Some are better than others. Some people like the XD 5.25's, but it is not for everyone.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 4/23/2020, 3:49 pm

Check out the CZ's. They have come a long way.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by machinist mike 4/23/2020, 4:02 pm

The SIG 320 X-5 Legion has a tungsten infused poly frame and is a really sweet shooting pistol.

machinist mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Asa Yam 4/23/2020, 6:22 pm

zanemoseley wrote:... and the frame "rails" are usually molded into the polymer so you'll have limited options for fitting and welding if you decide to accurize.
SIG P320 rails are not part of the polymer receiver, but rather a component of the fire control unit.    Now, if only we can get oversized lugs on a P320 FCU so it can be fitted to a slide...

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/23/2020, 7:03 pm

chiz1180 wrote:Some are better than others. Some people like the XD 5.25's, but it is not for everyone.
At least 5 Springfield XDM 5.25's made the President's 100 last year.  Springfield donated 20 and if you make it to the 100 using an XDM you win another one - until they are all gone.

I carry an XDM Compact in 9MM & sometimes a XDS in 45 as a backup.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur 4/24/2020, 12:09 am

What gun is better for precision pistol? XDM or Glock 34 gen 5?

I do understand that a 1911 in 45 is the right way to actually compete. During this time off I have been shooting my Glock 19, and it's a lot of stupid fun. 

Thanks 
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 4/24/2020, 12:59 am

Not that I'm biased  (14? Glocks)....but I feel the triggers on the XDs are way better.
And some XDs did make it into the Pres. 100
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/24/2020, 2:01 am

Which caliber XDM were they using at Perry? 45ACP or 9mm?

One of these I guess?
SPRINGFIELD XDM COMPETITION BLACK 5.25"

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 4/24/2020, 2:05 am

dronning wrote:
chiz1180 wrote:Some are better than others. Some people like the XD 5.25's, but it is not for everyone.
At least 5 Springfield XDM 5.25's made the President's 100 last year.  Springfield donated 20 and if you make it to the 100 using an XDM you win another one - until they are all gone.

- Dave
I made the President's 100 list 2 years in a  row with the XDM. Won a  gun in 2018. Last year I was informed after the fact that there were only two guns being awarded, regardless of how many made the cut. At any rate, the XDM is  accurate enough, but harder to shoot than a 1911.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 4/24/2020, 2:09 am

radjag wrote:Which caliber XDM were they using at Perry? 45ACP or 9mm?

One of these I guess?
SPRINGFIELD XDM COMPETITION BLACK 5.25"
I have 9mm. They do well with Atlanta Arms, or hand loaded xtp's, hap's  or zeros
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/24/2020, 4:19 am

rreid wrote:
dronning wrote:

- Dave
I made the President's 100 list 2 years in a  row with the XDM. Won a  gun in 2018. Last year I was informed after the fact that there were only two guns being awarded, regardless of how many made the cut. At any rate, the XDM is  accurate enough, but harder to shoot than a 1911.
They must of hit the 20, they started in 2016.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 4/24/2020, 11:29 am

Best comment I have ever heard was from Brian Zins who said

"Every time I shoot a Glock I gotta take a antibiotic".
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 4/24/2020, 12:06 pm

Not exactly a Fundamental, but every time I see a Glock shooter I think of this.

http://ericnestor.com/bucket-list-priority-gun-cleaning-monkey-video/

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAGun 4/24/2020, 2:39 pm

When I woke up this morning I didn't expect to spend 3:59 of my day watching a monkey clean a pistol.
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 4/24/2020, 2:46 pm

I need one of those!
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 4/25/2020, 12:28 pm

Very, very cool!!!

Maybe in a year he will learn how to shoot?     :-)
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 4/25/2020, 9:10 pm

I like the Walther PPQ for non bullseye shooting.  It's in the black at 25 most of the time.  The grip was slick.  I had a Marine texture it with a wood burner.  Now its a great fit in my hand.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 4/26/2020, 2:08 pm

Actually, I thought the monkey was the Glock owner / shooter. Laughing

(Of course, I've got a couple myself but I never take them out in public where someone might see, unless I have to.)

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 4/26/2020, 2:34 pm

When the crap hits the fan the cheap, reliable piece of &%@ in your reach is much more desirable than the highly tuned but slightly finicky match gun in your safe.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 4/26/2020, 2:51 pm

A Glock when it came out was in a class by itself. Over the last 30 years not much has changed except grip inserts. It still is the most modifiable pistol on the planet. I have a few. Would I buy another one? Probably not because there are too many polymer pistols out there to choose from with superior features and accuracy that Glock doesn't have in it's stock form except one. A Glock will cycle greased rocks. You can throw them out of airplanes and drag them behind trucks and they will still operate. My G21 3rd gen is still my favorite IDPA pistol. No, It's not stock, It just looks that way.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 4/26/2020, 5:44 pm

No matter how good or bad, or reliable, or powerful, these guns are, none of that is relevant if you don't have it with you when you need it.  Maybe a Walther PPK (or similar) is a preferable answer, for the most likely scenarios when you might need a defensive weapon?  Even in my hands, it was far more accurate than I expected it to be.  

The reason I have guns, is for target shooting and Bullseye.  I also still have my Colt Combat Commander, if I wished to carry something more powerful.  It started out as my target gun, before I knew how to spell Bullseye.  I also have a Taurus PT92 AFS.  Should the world erupt in riots because of the Corona Virus, I would be glad I have it.  

Back to plastic guns, other than weight, what is the reason to get one rather than metal?  Lower cost?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur 4/26/2020, 10:20 pm

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:When the crap hits the fan the cheap, reliable piece of &%@ in your reach is much more desirable than the highly tuned but slightly finicky match gun in your safe.
This diverges from the idea of what plastic gun is good for service pistol / range use. 

That said, you are exactly right. My 19 eats anything and is carried in cooler weather or when hiking. The 43 is great for concealed carry in the warmer months. fussier but Gold dot 124 run excellent. 
i own old obsolete rifles and just like the the gents here with exotic pistols from Europe, parts are a problem. For when it hits the fan, having a ubiquitous common as dirt reliable gun is a good thing; Remington 700, Mossberg 500, AR 15 (gas not piston), Glock 19. 

Best 
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 4/26/2020, 11:38 pm

smsnyder wrote:Yep many pistols being made out of polymer/ plastic today. What you guys think?

A local indoor club that opened up a few years ago had all sorts of Gucci Glock and AR vendors visiting, so after practicing for Bullseye there were often vendors handing me firearms for handle. Nice stuff but not really what I was interested in. I never liked the finger grooves on Glock Perfection versions 3 and 4.

After selling some S&W Gen 3 DA/SA 45s I couldn't shoot well at 25 yards I went looking for a house gun I could also use in action shooting events in case I ever got the itch. The pistol that looked like it could fit the largest number of rules was a Glock 19, so I headed to the local shop to see what they had. The helpful folks behind the counter, knowing me, said they had just got in a Glock G19X and I should check it out. Lack of finger grooves made the grip agreeable and the trigger pull was relatively smooth like the tricked out Glocks but maybe a comfortable bit heavier. Seemed like a good deal so I bought it. Using Fiocchi 115g range ammo it was pretty easy to shoot at 25 yards and cases of that ammo come up on sale often.

I really like shooting it at 25 yards at B-8 repair centers and having the other shooters at the range think I'm bonkers. Someday I'd like to try stretching it out to 50 yards.

For precision competition I'll stick with my 1911 wadgun, FWB AW93, 1911 Service Pistol and DR revolver. I am happy there are people who want to explore other platforms but I don't have the resources for that, so I stick with what is known to have acceptable performance and work on shot process.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next