Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback on Clark 52 barrel and new bushing

+8
Jon Eulette
oldsalt444
LenV
Bmitch996
fc60
rkittine
1bayouboy
New2BE
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Feedback on Clark 52 barrel and new bushing - Page 2 Empty Feedback on Clark 52 barrel and new bushing

Post by New2BE Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone have this set up in their 52? How does this shoot? With no KKM emplacement I the near future, this may be the only replacement option for shot out or bulged barrels short of buying another 52. For the price of used 52s, I wonder if this is a cost-effective option?? Any comments are most appreciated, the universe of 38 special Be shooters is sadly an Increasingly smaller group.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Feedback on Clark 52 barrel and new bushing - Page 2 Empty Re: Feedback on Clark 52 barrel and new bushing

Post by fc60 Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 pm

bruce martindale wrote:So couldn't you keep the pin round, and cut the barrel lugs to fit, like in a 1911?

Greetings,

I believe Jerry Keefer cut the barrel to fit the lug.

I wrote and discussed slide stop pins with him. He used Model 39 pins and was not aware they were smaller than a Model 52 pin.

So, yes, you could use a "lug cutter".

Personally, I like the idea of grinding the pin as it would be easier to control the dimension. Also, if you goof up a pin, no worries, they are cheap to replace as compared to a barrel. (Providing you work for S&W.)

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Feedback on Clark 52 barrel and new bushing - Page 2 Empty Re: Feedback on Clark 52 barrel and new bushing

Post by Foundryratjim Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:15 am

I am thinking about getting the Clark barrel for my 52-2. Does anyone have anything new to add to the info in this thread?. Does the Clark have a different rate of twist? Does it really headspace on the case mouth? If I get one I will have Clark fit it.  The league i shoot in shoots at 50 feet and 25 yards. Thanks.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:32 am

The Clark barrel is a 1 in 10 twist.

CLARK CUSTOM – Barrel for the S&W® Model 52 | Clark Custom Guns

shanneba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2