Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scoring overlay

+13
Jack H
jimsteele
chopper
Slodad
-TT-
whitez06
jglenn21
TonyH
xringdave
8at4
Asa Yam
lablover
Jwhelan939
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Overlay - Scoring overlay - Page 2 Empty Scoring overlay

Post by Jwhelan939 9/21/2020, 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where is everyone finding their scoring overlays? I'm looking for 3 sets. Champions choice was the only place I saw them and they want 19$ in shipping. Hoping someone had a better lead. Ty.

Last edited by james r chapman on 6/27/2023, 8:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Made sticky; made sticky 6-27-23)

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Overlay - Scoring overlay - Page 2 Empty Re: Scoring overlay

Post by Guest 10/1/2020, 1:00 pm

Tony, great job. I dumped my Creedmore ones at Bristol after a minor dispute. Have been using the nice ones that were in the shooters packet at Cardinal - but I somehow lost one.

Now I've got an everlasting supply. Excellent.

Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 10/1/2020, 1:53 pm

Welcome! Maybe an admin can put these and the others up top as a sticky? Admin.....? Jim....?

I measured my Creedmoor ones just for kicks and they are at the low end of the specs but legal.

Last edited by james r chapman on 10/25/2021, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made stickier)
TonyH
TonyH

lablover likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 10/25/2021, 9:31 am

Finally have the RR setup complete and some heavy concrete benches to clamp it to at the range. Time to do some ammo testing at 50 yards....never seriously done that before, so looking forward to it....I think  Overlay - Scoring overlay - Page 2 1f601 Smile .
To that end, for just a quick gauge of group size, here are a couple of B-8 overlays to add to the collection above:
Attachments
Overlay - Scoring overlay - Page 2 Attachment
B8 50 Yd Target Overlay.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(13 Kb) Downloaded 46 times
B8 50 Yd Group Size-4.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 33 times

Last edited by TonyH on 10/25/2021, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New version of file with graduated ruler)
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 10/25/2021, 11:53 am

I am surprised the target companies don't supply these.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Wlw145s 10/25/2021, 5:57 pm

Jwhelan939 wrote:Thanks all. Xringdave had a spare set and sent them along. Getting new shooters set up is getting harder and harder. Box, scope mount, overlays... Not easy to find this stuff.
I ended up buying 25 from champion choice to make the shipping worth it. Put a piece of packing tape over it to protect the ink. Now I carry a few extra in the box and give them away when someone needs to borrow mine. Wink

Wlw145s

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 1/1/2023, 5:03 pm

TonyH wrote:
Jwhelan939 wrote:Where is everyone finding their scoring overlays? I'm looking for 3 sets. Champions choice was the only place I saw them and they want 19$ in shipping. Hoping someone had a better lead. Ty.

If you want to print your own transparencies, here are some that may work (maybe admin can make sticky):
I got some transparency film for inkjets of of amazon. Seems to work well. I printed out the 50 foot templates and they are about a 1/32 inch too big. Has anyone else tried this and did they print out correctly?

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 1/1/2023, 6:32 pm

It’s your printer settings that are causing the issue….print at 100% or actual size. Don’t let the printer adjust for margins etc.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 1/1/2023, 7:31 pm

TonyH wrote:It’s your printer settings that are causing the issue….print at 100% or actual size. Don’t let the printer adjust for margins etc.

You are exactly right! My printer was not at 100 per cent.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Overlay - Scoring overlay - Page 2 Empty B6 Overlay for Scanning/Pictures

Post by Chase Turner 6/27/2023, 7:04 am

Hi All,

I recently have been looking around for a B6 overlay, but with a twist: I needed some additional marks added to help with electronic/application scoring assistance and group measurement. Tony was kind enough to help out, but after some tinkering, I decided I wanted something a touch different (and didn't want to bother Tony by going to the well again; thanks again Tony for your help!), so I cribbed together the attached B6 scoring rings, with 1 inch lines located in the 9 ring to help software scale the target appropriately for assessment. 

Hope you find it useful.

Thanks,
Chase
Attachments
B6.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(8 Kb) Downloaded 38 times

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 11/24/2023, 7:54 am

Considering that CMP Service Revolver EIC is now in play and some folks may be using revolvers in calibers other than standard fare, I added 10mm and 44 calibers to the scoring overlays. I think that should pretty much cover everything. Remember to print actual size and not let the printer scale the print.
Attachments
ScoringOverlayAllCalBlk.pdf Black. 8.5"X11" transparency.You don't have permission to download attachments.(29 Kb) Downloaded 18 times
ScoringOverlayAllCalRed.pdf Red. 8.5"X11" transparency.You don't have permission to download attachments.(30 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
TonyH
TonyH

james r chapman and Single_handed like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 11/24/2023, 8:39 am

^These are great! I was going to AutoCAD some but now don't need to. What I now need to do is make some ring rebuilders for the B2/B3 targets we use in our winter indoor league.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 11/24/2023, 9:27 am

NukeMMC wrote:^These are great!  I was going to AutoCAD some but now don't need to.  What I now need to do is make some ring rebuilders for the B2/B3 targets we use in our winter indoor league.
Already there...look higher up on the thread on Page 1.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 11/24/2023, 9:46 am

TonyH wrote:Already there...look higher up on the thread on Page 1.
Out-frickin'-standing!
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2