Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone has experience on new Hammerli XEsse Steel Frame?

Go down

Anyone has experience on new Hammerli XEsse Steel Frame? Empty Anyone has experience on new Hammerli XEsse Steel Frame?

Post by cfirimar 3/30/2021, 4:34 pm

Hi folks,
I see on Walther website that they have 'new' Hammerli Xesse SF models, 
I don't have the older Xesse models, but has some experience on 215 models. I am thinking about getting an Xesse or an SF model.

Wonder if anyone has experience on them, my questions are: 
1) I checked a couple forums, seems the original Xesse model is also made with steel frames, is this perception correct?
2) what are the improvements of the new SF models over the older ones?
3) seems many Xesse models has 3 dot sights, which are less desirable for bullseye disciplines, how do folks like their iron sights?

Thanks in advance!

cfirimar

Back to top Go down

Anyone has experience on new Hammerli XEsse Steel Frame? Empty Re: Anyone has experience on new Hammerli XEsse Steel Frame?

Post by aub1957 3/30/2021, 8:56 pm

I've got an Xesse IPSC. As far as question 3, the sights on it are just not great at all. They are LPA and I would rate them easily the worst sights of all my target 22s.

If you are looking for nice set of iron sights, I would get a good used Hammerli 208/208S/215. The sights on the 215 are far better than the Xesse. Trigger is better too.

The Xesse has an excellent barrel, however.

aub1957

cfirimar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone has experience on new Hammerli XEsse Steel Frame? Empty Re: Anyone has experience on new Hammerli XEsse Steel Frame?

Post by rich.tullo 3/30/2021, 10:43 pm

Looks good they changed the grips too, no dove tail for scope mount Sad
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy 4/8/2021, 7:47 pm

I looked everywhere made a bunch of calls and could not find the new SF model, so I found a place that had a couple of the older (last years ?) model of the IPSC and ordered it today so soon I will be able to answer your question no. 1. I will be mounting a red dot on it and shooting Bullseye. No one I talked to could tell me when the new one will be out. I'm thinking (hoping) it's going to be better than my Mark IV.

popchevy

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 4/10/2021, 7:38 pm

It is a better gun than a MK IV but there are things you can do to make the MK excellent and I like the 22/45 better than the Target.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy 4/11/2021, 8:50 am

I have only been shooting a short time and am at the bottom of a very steep learning curve. I bought the Ruger Mk IV SS competition model and realized that it's heavy ! My shoulder has been damaged in the past and causing problems when I shoot. 
I really enjoy the sport , therefore felt the need for a lighter pistol which the 
Hammerli is. I expect to have it in my hands this week. I shot a 22/45 couple weeks ago and was not real impressed by it, maybe cause it was the Lite version.. too light. Sad part is indoor season closes in 2 weeks, but that gives me all summer to get the hammer dialed in.

popchevy

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy 4/16/2021, 5:30 pm

Got my new XEsse IPSC yesterday. It's pretty sweet. Made in late 2018 so it is the older version ,but yes it is all steel except for the trigger, front cover and grip. It is cast steel where the SF will be billet machined. Put a scope on it and it is still 1 full pound lighter than my Ruger competition model. I LOVE the trigger ! Wow. Way better than the Ruger even with the trigger job. Place I bought it from still has a couple left if interested.

popchevy

cfirimar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 4/16/2021, 6:10 pm

Put a Larrys trigger on it and do the slight sear mod and the trigger will be better

Last edited by jglenn21 on 4/17/2021, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 4/16/2021, 7:08 pm

Jglenn21 is the expert here. But, you need someone like him to install the Larry's trigger. I'm handy with the amateur gunsmithing thing but I'm afraid to mess with something already so nice out of the box. I like the 100gram weight added. Oberle Enterprises has 100gr & 165gr (not cheap)!

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy 4/17/2021, 8:14 am

I'm looking at the plastic end piece where the weight would go , and it's hollow. Thinking about forming some lead bars to install inside it. Shot the gun last night and it is extremely accurate. I know my scores will go up. I need to weigh the trigger, sure seems light to me.

popchevy

Back to top Go down

Post by bbh791 4/17/2021, 1:55 pm

I wish they would improve the slide so the slide notch wouldn’t wear out.  That would be more important than a steel frame.

bbh791

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum