Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMP vs. Edinburgh matches

5 posters

Go down

CMP vs. Edinburgh matches Empty CMP vs. Edinburgh matches

Post by Grunt 1/7/2022, 1:05 pm

Hello!

I'm sure this one has been discussed in detail, but I'm hoping to boil down the key points regarding the practical outcome of the NRA-CMP split (i.e. the matches themselves, not the split.)

It appears that the NRA National Championships are now held at Edinburgh, Indiana.  Looks like a typical 2700 championship with team matches and maybe an EIC this year.

For CMP, it looks like that will continue at Camp Perry and will include a 2700 and all of the usual matches, including the Service Pistol EIC (leg points) and the P-100.

Sounds simple enough but wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Many thanks in advance!

Grunt

Grunt

Back to top Go down

CMP vs. Edinburgh matches Empty Re: CMP vs. Edinburgh matches

Post by weber1b 1/7/2022, 3:18 pm

You are about a year or two behind, and the location is Camp Atterbury IN, but that is a reasonable summation.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 1/7/2022, 3:25 pm

That's about right.

The CMP and NRA match schedules are very close to the same thing . Participation is low enough that both ran with 2 relays instead of 3, which opens up more time after lunch for additional matches. CMP shot 22 EIC on 22 day, Revolver match on CF day and 45 EIC on 45 day before the teams matches. It looks like the NRA is doing essentially the same thing this year.

On base housing, activities and vendors are better at Camp Perry. On base housing at Atterbury was far from the ranges and no vendors. The NRA and Atterbury plan to improve things, but it will probably take a few years (best case) to get on base vendors in Indiana. At Atterbury most people stayed in motels off-base and there's no equivalent to Andy's or Tofts where you are bound to run into lots of fellow shooters.

That said, I really enjoyed the match at Atterbury. The view is beautiful from the firing points. Competitors were heavily weighted toward the high end shooters and the match officials were mostly NRA staff and referees. Everyone knew the rules, had good equipment and the match ran very smoothly. 

I am planning a 2 weeks swing for Camps Perry and Atterbury. I'd like to do Cardinal and go back to Canton one of these years, but Perry and Atterbury are where it's at for me.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunt 1/8/2022, 4:21 pm

Weber1b, SteveT, thank you!

If I had to pick one I'd think I'd hit Perry.  I'd like to pick up some leg points and shoot the Presidents match.  The last (and only) time I was there was 1987.  Would be fun seeing it again.  Maybe I can swing both, but I need to check my schedule.

Grunt

Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/8/2022, 5:36 pm

‘87!

Your in for surprising changes at Perry!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 1/8/2022, 6:24 pm

Grunt wrote:Weber1b, SteveT, thank you!

If I had to pick one I'd think I'd hit Perry.  I'd like to pick up some leg points and shoot the Presidents match.  The last (and only) time I was there was 1987.  Would be fun seeing it again.  Maybe I can swing both, but I need to check my schedule.

Grunt
You may want also want to consider Cardinal 4 Gun and Canton as well. Great matches, even better people.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Danehogle and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down