Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xesse malfunction

+2
rich.tullo
Sc0
6 posters

Go down

xesse malfunction Empty xesse malfunction

Post by Sc0 Sun May 22, 2022 7:43 am

My optic Xesse developed an intermittent problem recently.

Chambers a round and hammer clicks with a slight mark on the rim from the firing pin. This round is unable to be extracted and requires it to be pried out of the chamber. Once extracted the nose is heavily damaged. (I run a brush though the chamber periodically)

I am able to reload the same mag, chamber a round and extract the round without issues. I also use the same mags in another Xesse without any issues.

Ideas? Assume the damage is from the feed ramp but not sure why it's intermittent, or why I have zero issues with all the mags in a different Xesse.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

xesse malfunction Empty Re: xesse malfunction

Post by rich.tullo Sun May 22, 2022 9:22 am

If the chamber is clean , I would think about cleaning the mag. If mag is clean I would think about recoil and Hammer spring change.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Sun May 22, 2022 9:27 am

I had similar issue years ago. The mag lips were wearing unevenly. One side looked much thinner than the other. Walther was aware of the issue and replaced the affected mags.

mspingeld

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TicTocer Mon May 23, 2022 10:29 am

I had an issue with feeding and it was ammo related. At first it only affected one of the X-Esse. Two other 22 Target guns were fine. But after running eight boxes through several guns they all had issues.
One would fire and not eject. Couple times the extractor did not slip off and slide was stuck in battery. Another I would have to close the breech manually, one the slide was crimping the bullets with bullet nose wedged into top of the chamber.
Sometimes issues did not go away right after switching ammo. But a good cleaning, chamber brushing, and not using this garbage fixed all the guns.

TicTocer

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Mon May 23, 2022 11:12 am

Check with redfeather outfitters to see if they have any of larry's mag springs in stock.. get them for all your mags. If they no longer have them get a 208/215 mag spring for it. These springs are stronger than stock. I have them in all my trailside mags. Next will be the recoil & mainspring..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 pm

My guess is you have a dirty chamber.  Use a 25 cal brush bent at a 90 degree angle and really work it several times in the chamber ALL the way to the rifling.  MY experience comes from owning 4 of the Xesse pistols.

Allen Barnett

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 pm

jglenn21 wrote:Check with redfeather outfitters to see if they have any of larry's mag springs in stock.. get them for all your mags. If they no longer have them get a 208/215 mag spring for it. These springs are stronger than stock. I have them in all my trailside mags.  Next will be the recoil & mainspring..
I ordered a 5 pack, I think they are the LGI. They are described as: 

Trailside Magazine Spring, 5 pack LGIXEMS
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon May 23, 2022 9:31 pm

I have a Larry's Special that was running fantastic up until about a week ago. The Slide Hold Open stopped working and maybe I a having FTF / FTE and light hits. 

I replaced the hammer spring and the recoil spring, It was working better. No more light hits.  Occasionally a round would still fail to go into battery. Adding a 6th round, I use a snap cap, fixed that problem. 

I ordered an extractor and slide hold open , instead of changing them out myself I sent the whole shobang to Walther and told them to install them and inspect the ejector. As compared to my new SF with the removable ejector the cast ejector in the Larry;'s special does not look as wide. I cannot tell if it is to Spec so I am having them look at it and hopefully they can repair.

Not to give anyone the impression these guns are unreliable, I have at least 15K through the gun and I bought it from a master and he shot it for a season or two. I will say this as compared to SF, they really improved the pistol in a number of ways.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Sc0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down