Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service Pistol EIC at the National Matches

+12
bruce martindale
SingleActionAndrew
Lightfoot
ghtt782
Arthur
Wobbley
SteveT
Zippy
Jon Eulette
chiz1180
mspingeld
spaatz1644
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Service Pistol EIC at the National Matches Empty Service Pistol EIC at the National Matches

Post by spaatz1644 Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am

I'm planning my trip to the National Matches in 2023. Typically there's a service pistol EIC on the schedule the day before the NTI and P100. I don't see it there anymore. I'm hoping this is an accidental omission, but I know I'm probably wrong. I sent CMP an email but haven't received a response.

There's so few pistol EIC matches that are big enough to award more than a single six point leg, it would be a real shame to see that match disappear. Anyone have any insight?

spaatz1644

Back to top Go down

Service Pistol EIC at the National Matches Empty Re: Service Pistol EIC at the National Matches

Post by mspingeld Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 pm

Yes. I contacted Jim Henderson who's in charge of the pistol program. No service pistol match this year. He knows people are disappointed so there will likely be one in 2023.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Service Pistol EIC at the National Matches Empty Re: Service Pistol EIC at the National Matches

Post by spaatz1644 Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:41 pm

Thanks for the info!

I know when it comes to schedule changes you can't make everyone happy. And in the highpower rifle world, complaining about the schedule is part of the hobby. I don't want to be that guy...but that match is pretty essential. Multiple legs and hard legs are so rare everywhere else, I really hope they get it back on there for 2023.

spaatz1644

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:25 pm

There's still the NTI. All awards are 10 point hard legs!

mspingeld
Admin

james r chapman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:46 pm

The best way to get more chances at leg points is to bring friends to shoot EIC matches.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:15 pm

mspingeld wrote:Yes. I contacted Jim Henderson who's in charge of the pistol program. No service pistol match this year. He knows people are disappointed so there will likely be one in 2023.
UNBELIEVABLE! No NTI match, really? Wow
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Zippy Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:43 pm

Hold on guys ... there will be an NTI match where you can get leg points, just not an additional leg match like in years past https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vjnhrOJCo5Toyeo_EuDVBz_gYWGWl6X236yVXqpIHro/edit

Zippy

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:50 pm

The NTI is still on.

Since about 2008 or so they ran an additional standard EIC match. It used to be on Monday of pistol week. Last year they ran it on 45 day in the afternoon before the teams match.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:08 pm

The NTI and the Service Pistol,EIC matches are separate.  Both can get you points toward distinguished.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:32 pm

Taking that EIC match out is really missing the point. But, I can still shoot my Glock, or a Pop Up match. Meh

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by ghtt782 Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:13 am

mspingeld wrote:Yes. I contacted Jim Henderson who's in charge of the pistol program. No service pistol match this year. He knows people are disappointed so there will likely be one in 2023.

wow, that's unbelievable

ghtt782

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:43 pm

Back when I was chasing leg points, this would have been really crushing news.  They have to put this back in next year.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:13 pm

I was planning Perry over Atterbury 2023 for the points opportunity. Just got my Rock River Hardball for the occasion. I hope they bring it back by then.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 pm

We called it the Vice Presidents 100...

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:11 pm

bruce martindale wrote:We called it the Vice Presidents 100...
I’m not sure that’s a great name considering the boneheads we’ve had as VP over the years…
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

jglenn21 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 am

The VP100 was the Service Pistol Warmup Match from 2009-2014 which fired the P100 course of fire (Slow, Slow, Timed, Rapid). Then in 2015 it became a regular EIC match.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by spaatz1644 Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:43 pm

Christina at the CMP finally responded to me, and told me the match is not likely to return. I politely let her know how disappointing that is. Those of you chasing service pistol points might want to do the same.

spaatz1644

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:04 pm

It may just be time restraints with additional events already planned like the Glockenspiel match.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:41 pm

The match in question wasn't there when I was looking for points.  Then it was.  Now it isn't.  Things change.  

Support your local regional / state matches if you can.  

Points will come to those that train rather than practice.

CR

CR10X

Hawkja and chiz1180 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by spaatz1644 Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:58 pm

Well in that case, admin, might as well just delete the thread.

spaatz1644

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

Nah, we welcome useful questions.

Also recall that prior to 2020 the CMP was only responsible for a few weekend events, not a full National Championship. (if memory serves)
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spaatz1644 Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:33 pm

james r chapman wrote:Nah, we welcome useful questions.

Also recall that prior to 2020 the CMP was only responsible for a few weekend events, not a full National Championship. (if memory serves)

And I applaud them for taking on the 2700 championship, and don't want to come across as a complainer or insist they make me happy. That said, .22 and centerfire day have their respective 900s, team matches, and eic matches. The eic being dropped from .45 day seemed like an accidental oversight rather than an intentional omission.

And to CR...I apologize for my snotty response earlier. BUT I don't see why any of us should support the idea of less matches rather than ask for more matches. That particular EIC match was the second best in the country, and one of the very few matches that offers multiple hard legs. It's a robust match with strong support and a real cherry-on-top to the National Matches. And I guarantee you would have a different view of that match when you were chasing points had it been available at the time. Particularly if the DP badge was your main pursuit, and you were traveling to Perry from Arizona. 

Lastly, I dabble in a little of everything. I shoot service rifle and smallbore too. I only get the chance to make it to Perry every couple years, and I decided 2023 would be a pistol year. My main pursuit with a pistol is the Distinguished Badge and the idea of two huge pistol eic matches on back to back days is a huge draw for me...and probably a couple hundred people as well.

Regardless, come 2023, I hope to meet some of you there.

spaatz1644

MkFiji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:43 am

No apologies needed. And if my response seemed "unconcerned", I apologize.  I always support more matches, but the EIC matches are a slightly different animal. 

My point, although somewhat hidden, is that I see a lot of people chasing points by shooting matches and trying to find matches with lots of points available. (I've been running matches and shooting for way too many years.)  Quantity in the number of matches will not make up for quality and preparation when actually shooting an EIC match (or anything like DP, DR, SR, D22, etc.) 

The way to get points is to get to where we're shooting +285 (287 is even better) on a somewhat consistent basis and then get some match experience (mental training for competing in a "one chance" match).  That requires more training and structured process than just shooting matches.

Good luck on your journey and I hope you get there soon!!!

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:02 pm

And, according to the match program schedule, there will be a .22 EIC match and Service Pistol EIC match on Tuesday July 19th during the NRA Pistol Championship at Camp Atterbury.

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:36 pm

spaatz1644 wrote:
james r chapman wrote:Nah, we welcome useful questions.

And I applaud them for taking on the 2700 championship, and don't want to come across as a complainer or insist they make me happy. That said, .22 and centerfire day have their respective 900s, team matches, and eic matches. The eic being dropped from .45 day seemed like an accidental oversight rather than an intentional omission.

And to CR...I apologize for my snotty response earlier. BUT I don't see why any of us should support the idea of less matches rather than ask for more matches. That particular EIC match was the second best in the country, and one of the very few matches that offers multiple hard legs. It's a robust match with strong support and a real cherry-on-top to the National Matches. And I guarantee you would have a different view of that match when you were chasing points had it been available at the time. Particularly if the DP badge was your main pursuit, and you were traveling to Perry from Arizona. 

Lastly, I dabble in a little of everything. I shoot service rifle and smallbore too. I only get the chance to make it to Perry every couple years, and I decided 2023 would be a pistol year. My main pursuit with a pistol is the Distinguished Badge and the idea of two huge pistol eic matches on back to back days is a huge draw for me...and probably a couple hundred people as well.

Regardless, come 2023, I hope to meet some of you there.
Spazz, have you though about trying to shoot the triple crown when you come up to Ohio? 
You want big EIC matches? The Cardinal, Canton, Camp Perry are the three largest pistol matches in the country. And all have .22 EIC, SP and cardinal and camp perry will have the new Service Revolver while Canton will have the NRA Distinguished Revolver.
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next