Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replicating Atlanta Arms 9mm Elite 115gr JHP Match loads

3 posters

Go down

Replicating Atlanta Arms 9mm Elite 115gr JHP Match loads Empty Replicating Atlanta Arms 9mm Elite 115gr JHP Match loads

Post by DK114 2/21/2023, 11:39 pm

Greetings,

I've seen a few scattered mentions that some folks have tried replicating AA's 9mm 115gr JHP Match Loads, but couldn't find any "final conclusion" info on how successful the attempt was and what the winning configuration ended up being.

If you are one of those folks who managed to get similar level of performance to the AA's originals, would you mind sharing your recipe?

Projectile: (that's easy - it's an XTP)
Case make: Starline or JAG? New or once-shot?
Powder: ??
Primer: ??
Case sizing: What is your sized cases' ID at the throat? (ideally measured with a pin gauge)
Your sizer - full length punch or roll-size? If it's a die, what is its ID?
Expand: What's the expander's main OD (not the belling part)?
After seating the bullet, what's the case's OD in the middle of the bullet?
Seating: OAL is 1.075", I'm assuming
Crimp: What's the OD at the throat, or even better can you crimp an empty case and say what the ID at its throat is?

Results: chrono results, group size @50yrd

Thank you kindly! Smile

DK114

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Replicating Atlanta Arms 9mm Elite 115gr JHP Match loads Empty Re: Replicating Atlanta Arms 9mm Elite 115gr JHP Match loads

Post by Chase Turner 2/22/2023, 6:44 pm

Hello,

I can tell you that I have seen both Starline and JAG brass in Atlanta Arms ammo. However, now that JAG is part of AMMO Inc., I'm not sure that you will see Atlanta Arms use it (or they may?) since it would be purchasing something from a "competitor." But, that said, they have definitely used both, and of course new.

You may wish to lookup JIMPGOV's answer here for powder and projectiles.

I'm sure someone can chime in with the rest.

Best,
Chase

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Replicating Atlanta Arms 9mm Elite 115gr JHP Match loads Empty Re: Replicating Atlanta Arms 9mm Elite 115gr JHP Match loads

Post by bruce martindale 2/22/2023, 7:03 pm

New brass makes a difference, I know that it’s sticky regarding expander plugs so I’m guessing same applies to the bullet. You may be able to simulate with wet polished.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

DK114 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down