Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting 25m Rapid Fire World Cup Match

5 posters

Go down

Interesting 25m Rapid Fire World Cup Match Empty Interesting 25m Rapid Fire World Cup Match

Post by dstates 8/14/2015, 2:35 pm

Check out the ISSF video on youtube.  They had some electronic target issues and then the room lost power.  They dealt with it okay, but I wouldn't have wanted to stand around waiting on the jury's decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnwuSSR8BY&list=PL1CO1RUqdVUJHmRxlMC96Ixjhy6db-ndw&index=13

dstates

Back to top Go down

Interesting 25m Rapid Fire World Cup Match Empty Re: Interesting 25m Rapid Fire World Cup Match

Post by Fire Escape 8/14/2015, 5:32 pm

Yawn......

The competition was great and the athletes all performed well.

That said, electronic targets added NOTHING that I could tell besides some drama when one sensor said a shot was a center hit and another called it a miss .... twice! So, a target that has ONLY to determine between a hit and a miss could not be depended upon over a series of less than 300 shots spread over 15 targets. There is reliability for you, imagine if they had to keep an actual score! Perhaps there was something for the audience to see that was not shared with us to make it more interesting but all I saw was a bank of 5 circles that turned either red or white (miss or hit), sometime after the shot was fired, and often they came on in one color then changed. Despite the announcer referring to the E-target system as "brilliant", I am less a fan than I expected to be.

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Interesting 25m Rapid Fire World Cup Match Empty Re: Interesting 25m Rapid Fire World Cup Match

Post by john bickar 8/14/2015, 5:41 pm

They do keep an actual score in the qualification rounds.

Electronic targets were a great improvement for rapid fire. Speeds the match up (important when you can have 15 relays in one day) and gives the shooter essentially an extra 0.22 seconds. They make training a lot easier, too, when you're shooting 500-1,000 rounds a day.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 8/14/2015, 6:02 pm

Question, in the finals does a shot only count as a hit if you shoot a 10?

The 10 ring is almost 4" but from a lowered position shooting 5 10's in 4 seconds would be pretty tough.

- Dave

dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/14/2015, 7:38 pm

after watching this, I'm not confident the scoring was correct for all competitors....  Neutral
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/14/2015, 8:42 pm

dronning wrote:Question, in the finals does a shot only count as a hit if you shoot a 10?  

The 10 ring is almost 4" but from a lowered position shooting 5 10's in 4 seconds would be pretty tough.

- Dave

9.7 is a hit.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down