Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating during the day of a league night

+3
Chris_D
rec4309
Rob Kovach
7 posters

Go down

Eating during the day of a league night Empty Eating during the day of a league night

Post by Rob Kovach Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:04 pm

I've been noticing that my hold is better if I eat 3 meals at the normal times. 7am, noon, and 5 pm with league at 6-7 pm. We usually shoot a 300 one night per week.

If I skip lunch or eat right before I shoot, my hold is terrible. I shake like I have parkinsons.

Does anyone have a diet that works for them or things they just don't do on a day they are going to shoot?

Lets talk about it!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eating during the day of a league night Empty Diet

Post by rec4309 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 am

I don't eat breakfast during the week. I lay off the coffee after 9:00. I make sure I have a decent lunch, usually with chocolate milk instead of soda. We shoot at 5:00, so about 4:00 I will have a peanut butter sandwich, banana, and a chocolate milk. This seems to get me through the match. After the match we will go out for a light dinner and social hour.

Until I find a better routine this is what I will do.

Ron

rec4309

Back to top Go down

Eating during the day of a league night Empty Re: Eating during the day of a league night

Post by Chris_D Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 am

Eat smaller meals throughout the day, don't let yourself get hungry. Some people call it "grazing" like the way cows eat. You most probably have a problem with blood sugar levels which I think is called hypoglycemic (spelling is wrong I am sure). I have my days where I shake pretty bad, but so far I have not found what my trigger is that causes it.

Chris

Chris_D

Back to top Go down

Eating during the day of a league night Empty Re: Eating during the day of a league night

Post by rob5r Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 pm

I try to eat a banana, a few hours before my 60 shot league. If its a 2700. I eat between each 900. I keep peanut butter crackers, granola bars, etc in my range bag. Small meals during the day and keep the food/water flowing during the match.
rob5r
rob5r

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm

I never gave it much thought, but one very good shooter I knew swore by canned tuna with crackers and Zins apparently swore by turkey sandwiches. I suppose the high protein content is the common thread.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Tunstall Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:49 pm

No caffeine low carb works for me. First day I went without caffiene I shot my first two clean target's TF & TF

Don Tunstall

Back to top Go down

Post by sklarcpa Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:24 pm

I eat my regular meal a few hours before the match begins.

At match time I keep bottled water out to sip on after strings of fire and during scoring. Small continuous sips. Also I will pack the peanut butter crackers to eat on until close to lunch time, one here and there to keep my glucose levels from dropping before the next meal time.

I then keep my lunch light if we're shooting the full match and continue to eat on small pieces of fruit or peanut butter crackers during the final 900 match.
sklarcpa
sklarcpa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down