Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules on Changing Guns/Slides...

+8
CR10X
jmdavis
john bickar
C.Perkins
DavidR
Jack H
LenV
Tim:H11
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rules on Changing Guns/Slides... - Page 2 Empty Rules on Changing Guns/Slides...

Post by Tim:H11 8/31/2016, 3:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

If you had a 1911 frame for a wad gun used in CF/45 and for that frame had two uppers or slides - one with irons and one with a dot sight... Could you (if you wanted to) use the dot for sustained fire and irons for SF? 

The rules say we can switch guns for different matches but in this case the FRAME is the gun. That's where the SN is. And I'm asking about changing out the slide during the NMC.

Reason I ask is because I shoot irons better at 50 than a dot, and a dot better at 25 then the irons. At least with the 22. So I wonder what can be done for the 45?

Back to top Go down

Rules on Changing Guns/Slides... - Page 2 Empty Re: Rules on Changing Guns/Slides...

Post by Tim:H11 9/1/2016, 9:14 am

What brand make or model slab sides do people here seem to use the most or recommend?

Back to top Go down

Rules on Changing Guns/Slides... - Page 2 Empty Re: Rules on Changing Guns/Slides...

Post by dronning 9/1/2016, 9:25 am

Tim:H11 wrote:What brand make or model slab sides do people here seem to use the most or recommend?

Kensight Mfg. 1911 SHARKSKIN GRIPS , made of plastic but they really work.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 9/1/2016, 12:21 pm

I am breaking in a new Wadgun. I have and will shoot Slow Fire with the new gun. I will shoot NMC through RF with the old gun. I think you are allowed to use up to 4 guns in a 2700. My limited interpretation is you can switch 2x if you are shooting 22lr and 45acp's only. 

22lr. 

CF

45ACP

back Up
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 9/1/2016, 5:59 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:What brand make or model slab sides do people here seem to use the most or recommend?
There are so many, if you want total control, the kinsight sharkskin is good but they are plastic and can get slippery sometimes from sweat. What I and many others do is buy a set of smooth wood or alumagrip sells them in aluminum, then go to home depot and get 3m grip tape, lay the grip on the tape and trace around it, cut out and stick on the grip. these stay put in your hand and don't move.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 9/1/2016, 6:31 pm

DavidR wrote:
There are so many, if you want total control, the kinsight sharkskin is good but they are plastic and can get slippery sometimes from sweat. 

You must have wore out your sharkskin grips because after 3 seasons mine have 3x the bite of grip tape even when wet and I sweat!

- Dave

If you have wore out your sharkskins you can refresh the bite with a soldering iron with a sharp point, or if you just want to make them more aggressive you can do the same.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 9/2/2016, 9:14 am

mine are like new, maybe just cause they are thinner than other grips I have, the 3m tape is great but I also use one that is very aggressive grip tape from a skate board site that stuff is never moving in your hand.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2