Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

+3
james r chapman
Chris Miceli
lyman1903
7 posters

Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by lyman1903 5/21/2018, 2:40 pm

Hello all, 

I picked up 12 boxes of FGGM in 38 special at a gunshow this past weekend (package deal with a 52-1)

older stuff, the white and blue box,  all nice and clean, stored correctly 

wondering if this stuff is 'stash worthy' , as in excellent, keep it, or just meh, as in flip it?

I have a Colt NM Mid Range, and a S&W 52-2 to run it thru eventually, 



and  yes, I reload
lyman1903
lyman1903

Posts : 342
Join date : 2017-12-26
Location : Beach Va, not Va Beach

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by Chris Miceli 5/21/2018, 2:47 pm

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-gold-medal-38-special-ammo-148-grain-match-wadcutter-gm38a-p-1187.aspx

stuff is still available with upgraded packaging.

Chris Miceli

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by lyman1903 5/21/2018, 5:41 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-gold-medal-38-special-ammo-148-grain-match-wadcutter-gm38a-p-1187.aspx

stuff is still available with upgraded packaging.
 I know it is still available,  

that was not the question,,

is is any good, as in worth saving and using, or just meh?

I know FGGM in .308 is a go to factory round,  for precision rifle,  

and I know each gun is different,  and will shoot differently with it,
lyman1903
lyman1903

Posts : 342
Join date : 2017-12-26
Location : Beach Va, not Va Beach

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by james r chapman 5/21/2018, 5:46 pm

Meh.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 6075
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 75
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by Chris Miceli 5/21/2018, 6:06 pm

lyman1903 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-gold-medal-38-special-ammo-148-grain-match-wadcutter-gm38a-p-1187.aspx

stuff is still available with upgraded packaging.
 I know it is still available,  

that was not the question,,

is is any good, as in worth saving and using, or just meh?

I know FGGM in .308 is a go to factory round,  for precision rifle,  

and I know each gun is different,  and will shoot differently with it,

I guess I don’t understand why you would even consider saving an ammo that is still available

Chris Miceli

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by jmdavis 5/21/2018, 7:04 pm

I would test it
jmdavis
jmdavis

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2012-03-23
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by Wobbley 5/21/2018, 7:44 pm

Your gun may like it, it may not. My Python shoots well with it. It shoots slightly better with Remington. Like all factory ammo it’s accuracy will vary.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Posts : 4519
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by hp246 5/21/2018, 7:53 pm

My 52 likes it best.

hp246

Posts : 71
Join date : 2016-10-27

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by lyman1903 5/22/2018, 8:41 am

Chris Miceli wrote:
lyman1903 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-gold-medal-38-special-ammo-148-grain-match-wadcutter-gm38a-p-1187.aspx

stuff is still available with upgraded packaging.
 I know it is still available,  

that was not the question,,

is is any good, as in worth saving and using, or just meh?

I know FGGM in .308 is a go to factory round,  for precision rifle,  

and I know each gun is different,  and will shoot differently with it,

I guess I don’t understand why you would even consider saving an ammo that is still available
cost, basically, 


I do not get much range time, unfortunately, 
so when I get a deal on what I hope is good ammo, I stash it 

rainy day fund for collector type stuff, and/or  stuff to shoot for when I get the time, 

this was part of a package I bought to flip (I'm a dealer) so cost is low,,  

if I get a chance to shoot it, and it does well, then I have good ammo, if not I'll sell what is left,
lyman1903
lyman1903

Posts : 342
Join date : 2017-12-26
Location : Beach Va, not Va Beach

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by Jon Eulette 5/22/2018, 9:04 am

I have had excellent results in my 1911 38 specials with this ammo. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Posts : 4399
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,  Empty Re: 38 special Federal Gold Medal Match,

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum