Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help

+3
james r chapman
NWSteve
CChoice
7 posters

Go down

Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Empty Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help

Post by CChoice Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:36 am

Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee10
Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee11
Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee12
Good Morning Folks:
I am a small FFL in CT and new to this forum, thanks for having me. I have not done Bullseye shooting in many years and shot a Hammerli 208s when I did, which I still own. I like to be involved in forums, there is so much experience packed in them, I love it. A few months ago I saved a 1961 Colt National Match MR 38 out of an estate I was handling and am hoping you folks can enlighten me as to who may have done the custom job and possibly what it might be worth before I offer it up for sale. My friends in the Colt Forum couldn't tell me much except it was pretty cool and suggested I pop over to the Bullseye experts. I have a ton of pictures, I've only posted a couple to get things started. The pistol is complete and original. I did not attempt to take the sight rail off, but all the rest can be seen in the breakdown. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I seem to having a problem uploading a couple pictures, newbie. 

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by CChoice on Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total

CChoice

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Empty Re: Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help

Post by NWSteve Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:41 am

You may have to reduce the pixel size down to 800 x 800 or smaller, that worked for me.

NWSteve

CChoice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Empty Re: Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help

Post by james r chapman Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:24 am

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

CChoice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:36 am

Do you have any pics of the feed ramp on the receiver?
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CChoice Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:28 am

Good Morning:
I have a large folder of pics, but can't send links yet since I'm a newbie. But I'll attach a couple of the ramp.

ThanksGood Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee16
Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee17
Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee18

CChoice

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:34 am

Does the firing pin channel, on the underneath of the slide have any stampings or engravings?
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by CChoice Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:35 am

Good Morning:
I did not see any, I looked when I first got the gun. I'll shoot you a picture when I get home later today. Thanks for asking.

CChoice

Back to top Go down

Post by CChoice Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:45 pm

CChoice wrote:Good Morning:
I did not see any, I looked when I first got the gun. I'll shoot you a picture when I get home later today. Thanks for asking.

Here is a photo of the underneath of the slideGood Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee19
Good Morning Folks - Need Some Help Imagee20

CChoice

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:42 am

I've never seen anything like that gun from any of the old time pistolsmiths and I was around them for a very long time.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Walloch Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:37 am

That “milling out” to lighten the slide is what I’ve seen on quite a few 1960’s .38 Special Clark’s.  Jon Eulette, your thoughts?

Greg Walloch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:27 pm

Greg Walloch wrote:That “milling out” to lighten the slide is what I’ve seen on quite a few 1960’s .38 Special Clark’s.  Jon Eulette, your thoughts?
My Colt .38 special Kit Guns have the lightened slide cuts ( 45 kit guns do not). My 38 AMU has the lightened slide cuts. 
1960’s Colt 45 NM had lightened slide cuts. Colt Series 70 GC did not have the cuts.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down