Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy folks. Another 1911 fan here.

2 posters

Go down

Howdy folks.   Another 1911 fan here. Empty Howdy folks. Another 1911 fan here.

Post by Dub 11/29/2023, 7:34 pm

Hello all.

1911 fan here.

Casual shooter.....usually get to the range weekly...as the work scheduled allows.

EDC carry guns are generally 1911s and occasionally some lighter weight, red dot equipped polymer stuff.

Probably 5 years or so from retirement....and have been gathering up gear to handload for all the handgun & rifle cartridges I shoot.....not sure if I'll ever get into loading my own shotgun shells as I only seem to hit the sporting clays courses as warmups prior to dove or duck seasons. 

I'd like to eventually get into 3-gun and other types of organized events.  
In need of new knees and a new shoulder first, though.  At 55, it sucks being the last guy back to the bench after setting up targets. Some of the older guys seem to get impatient with the slow young'n who is holding up the range from going hot.  Howdy folks.   Another 1911 fan here. 1f60e 

It has been several years since I did much hunting.  My plan is to get my rifles up and running with accurate handloads over the months ahead. I want to be ready for next October .270, .308, .243, .45'70 and .30'06 for the rifles and .44mag & .357mag wheelguns. 

Loading for the 1911's is my most pressing need, though.  I refuse to buy any more factory range ammo. 
Thus far have been working on lswc loads: .45acp 200gr & .38 Super 150gr as well as some 125gr coated lead 9mm. 

Glad to be here and looking forward to soaking up some knowledge.  My handgun practice mainly consists of paper punching "bad guy" targets at 8-15yds. I do okay but seem to be incapable of slow fire. It's like I get in goofball mode and press the trigger as soon as the front sight rebounds over the target zone. 

I would like to improve my accuracy at 25 yds and am hoping to gain insight that will help, once applied.

Same username I am using on a couple other shooting-related forums. 

Thank you
Dub
Dub

Back to top Go down

Howdy folks.   Another 1911 fan here. Empty Re: Howdy folks. Another 1911 fan here.

Post by jimsteele 11/30/2023, 6:26 am

Welcome Dub.
  As you can see, most of the posters here are bullseye shooters. You won't see many posts on rifle shooting, or short range plinking.
  There is an " Ammunition  section with loading infio.You should check it out, even though it primarily talks about target loads for 1911 45 & 9mm....Jim

jimsteele

Back to top Go down