Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolver Double Action - Staging or Smooth Pull

+2
dronning
Vern
6 posters

Go down

Revolver Double Action - Staging or Smooth Pull Empty Revolver Double Action - Staging or Smooth Pull

Post by Vern Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:03 pm

When shooting the revolver in double action, what do most shooters do? Do you stage the trigger or use a smooth through pull?

Vern

Back to top Go down

Revolver Double Action - Staging or Smooth Pull Empty Re: Revolver Double Action - Staging or Smooth Pull

Post by dronning Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 pm

I used a continuous motion, I started before I even entered the black, the trigger broke just as I was entering the 10 ring.  It worked for me but I found I scored better shooting single action. 

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Revolver Double Action - Staging or Smooth Pull Empty Re: Revolver Double Action - Staging or Smooth Pull

Post by weber1b Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Since I went to double action, I use a continuous pull. I also got better when I stopped trying to shoot the revolver like my 1911. My finger position is altogether different and is based on how it has to be when I grip this gun properly.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:12 am

I try to pull all the way through. If I don't the results are never good....
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ OR Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Depends on the revolver. - Some Ruger GP 100s are quite easy to stage, hesitate, then pull thru to fire. - It's how I shoot rapid fire w/ my GP 100. - Can dry fire practice T&R w/ the hammer falling on a thin rubber tap. -- - - 

I find the above nearly impossible with the S&W 14 & 625 so it's single action T&R w/ those - & practice T&R with a tap (thin pc rubber) set cross wise in the hammer block slot.  - - I like the revolvers-maybe I'll make the JM 625/1" UltraDot my CF and 45 gun for 25 yard matches.Hmmmmm

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Post by kjanracing Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:32 am

I shoot my 14 SA for timed, and smooth DA pull for four shots in Rapid fire. Mine has a very smooth DA pull, no staging. I shoot my 17 SA for both t&r. The DA pull isn't as nice as the 14. Plus, recoil recovery is very easy with the .22.
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down