Kodiak Mount for 1911 rail

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kodiak Mount for 1911 rail

Post by mikemyers on 3/6/2018, 6:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought these photos might be helpful for others who are installing a Kodiak mount on their 1911 rail for the first time.  

mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Re: Kodiak Mount for 1911 rail

Post by dronning on 7/10/2018, 10:52 pm

Most people buy it with the Standard mount (Weaver/Picatinny).  Optics planet the mount version priced only $14 more than the one with out the mount.  The Aimpoint mount MAY work loose on slide mount .45's.  I know of a couple that have never been off since they were put on and have had no issues.
Aimpoint 200018 = H1 2MOA W/Standard mount
Aimpoint 200026 = H1 2MOA W/No mount

The 200018 & 200026 are Manufacture Part Numbers
- Dave
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 7/18/2018, 2:19 pm

To KC, now that you're back....

I thought I understood how the Kodiak mount worked, but LenV noticed things I never noticed earlier - if you read the discussion, you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, can you please explain the purpose of the two set screws?  

(I'm guessing that they eliminate any possibility of the sight shifting to see to the right or left, but that's just a guess.  If the center screw ever came loose, the two set screws would help keep the sight in place, but in all the time since I got the mount from you, nothing has loosened up.  I sure can NOT say that about the Aimpoint mount - I guessed it was some kind of composite, but I've been told it's aluminum.  Whatever the difference, the Kodiak seems to work far better -- or maybe I just didn't tighten things enough with the Aimpoint - didn't want to strip it.)
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/19/2018, 7:28 am

I know Kodiak offers a mount for the H1 on a Pardini. Has anyone modified the factory H1 base to get it to fit a Pardini rail? Anyone have a "not being used" H1 standard base which I could acquire from them to experiment with? Actually, may need two. My H1 bas will not work on my Marvel either, as it rubs the slide. I have had to remove  material from under side of other mounts to clear the slide on Marvel's.
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 7/19/2018, 8:00 am

Allgoodhits wrote:I know Kodiak offers a mount for the H1 on a Pardini. Has anyone modified the factory H1 base to get it to fit a Pardini rail? Anyone have a "not being used" H1 standard base which I could acquire from them to experiment with? Actually, may need two. My H1 bas will not work on my Marvel either, as it rubs the slide. I have had to remove  material from under side of other mounts to clear the slide on Marvel's.
The Pardini or Kodiak base that fits directly on the frame of the SP/SP Bullseye is very different from the weaver/pic style base (not even close). 
- Dave
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/19/2018, 8:07 am

dronning wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:I know Kodiak offers a mount for the H1 on a Pardini. Has anyone modified the factory H1 base to get it to fit a Pardini rail? Anyone have a "not being used" H1 standard base which I could acquire from them to experiment with? Actually, may need two. My H1 bas will not work on my Marvel either, as it rubs the slide. I have had to remove  material from under side of other mounts to clear the slide on Marvel's.
The Pardini or Kodiak base that fits directly on the frame of the SP/SP Bullseye is very different from the weaver/pic style base (not even close). 
- Dave
I have two Pardini .22s. I think they are referred to as SP New. One is serial 81xx the other 91xx. They have a shallow rail or groove milled into the receiver. Some scope bases will fit into the groove and hold firmly. Some mounts have to be filed on the bottom, to create a "sharper" edge to get far enough into the rail groove to hold on. I only have knowledge of the above two guns. 

Three questions:
Is what I describe similar to the Pardinis you are referring to?
If yes, then will the Kodiak "Pardini" base fit those guns without modifications?
Will my Pardinis with the factory rail or groove accommodate the regular Kodiak 1911 mount?

Thanks in advance,
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 7/19/2018, 8:53 am

Allgoodhits wrote:
dronning wrote:
- Dave
I have two Pardini .22s. I think they are referred to as SP New. One is serial 81xx the other 91xx. They have a shallow rail milled into the receiver. Some scope bases will fit into the groove and hold firmly. Some mounts have to be filed on the bottom, to create a "sharper" edge to get far enough into the rail groove to hold on. I only have knowledge of the above two guns. 

Two questions:
Is what describe similar to the Pardinis you are referring to?
If yes, then will the Kodiak base fit those guns without modifications?

Thanks in advance,

I have an SP 6" New, same frame as yours. 
The Kodiak base for the Pardini, fits flush on the top rail and is designed with no through bolt.  The stock H1 base would have to be made wide enough to fit over the frame/receiver, you would need a longer through bolt.  I'm sure you could mod it to fit but in the end you would have a mount that sits +1/8" off the frame and the clamping force would quite a bit less.

KC carries the Kodiak bases but I see they are out of stock.
https://kcskustomcreations.com/product/kodiak-machine-pardini-mount/
- Dave

- Dave
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/19/2018, 9:01 pm

dronning wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:
dronning wrote:
- Dave
I have two Pardini .22s. I think they are referred to as SP New. One is serial 81xx the other 91xx. They have a shallow rail milled into the receiver. Some scope bases will fit into the groove and hold firmly. Some mounts have to be filed on the bottom, to create a "sharper" edge to get far enough into the rail groove to hold on. I only have knowledge of the above two guns. 

Two questions:
Is what describe similar to the Pardinis you are referring to?
If yes, then will the Kodiak base fit those guns without modifications?

Thanks in advance,

I have an SP 6" New, same frame as yours. 
The Kodiak base for the Pardini, fits flush on the top rail and is designed with no through bolt.  The stock H1 base would have to be made wide enough to fit over the frame/receiver, you would need a longer through bolt.  I'm sure you could mod it to fit but in the end you would have a mount that sits +1/8" off the frame and the clamping force would quite a bit less.

KC carries the Kodiak bases but I see they are out of stock.
https://kcskustomcreations.com/product/kodiak-machine-pardini-mount/
- Dave

- Dave
Thank you. I was aware of the multiple month back order. One of the reasons for inquiry.
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 7/20/2018, 7:20 am

mikemyers wrote:To KC, now that you're back....

I thought I understood how the Kodiak mount worked, but LenV noticed things I never noticed earlier - if you read the discussion, you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, can you please explain the purpose of the two set screws?  

(I'm guessing that they eliminate any possibility of the sight shifting to see to the right or left, but that's just a guess.  If the center screw ever came loose, the two set screws would help keep the sight in place, but in all the time since I got the mount from you, nothing has loosened up.  I sure can NOT say that about the Aimpoint mount - I guessed it was some kind of composite, but I've been told it's aluminum.  Whatever the difference, the Kodiak seems to work far better -- or maybe I just didn't tighten things enough with the Aimpoint - didn't want to strip it.)
They keep the lock piece straight and centered vertically so you can not cant the lock piece like you can on the OEM mount.
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 7/20/2018, 12:42 pm

Thanks; I was completely wrong.  Now that you wrote that, it makes sense to me.
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum