Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free!

+11
Distinguished- 2086
Mike38
croesler
Bubba Blaster
CraigB5940
rojasray
wingnut
varmint243
FredB
shaneatch
DavidR
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Empty Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free!

Post by DavidR Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

If you want a DIY tip on benellis as to the buffer. I will pass it along, I ordered several of Larry Carters buffers for my benelli and had issues with feeding, a friend and long time benelli owner showed, made me one that worked way better than the factory and Larrys, he took out the buffer and using one of those cheap advertising key fobs, you probily have them lying around, its the ones that are the same thickness as the buffer and made out of that  rubber that is translucent or solid color, long as its not the hard rubber kind, lay the buffer on it and outline with a sharpie then cut it out and put it in. I guarantee once you use one of these  you wont use anything else, doesnt crumble like the factory and cures many of the benellis function issues if you have them and lasts a long time.

Last edited by DavidR on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Empty Replacement Buffer for the Benelli 90

Post by Distinguished- 2086 Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:52 pm

while I don't have a Benelli 90 ( YET !!) I did come across this tidbit of info on what to use as a replacement. I'd be interested in knowing if it works for the Forum Members as I'm in the market for a Benelli when Larrys'.. hopefully, is back in Biz..
  TIP , Use a 3/8 Neoprene Sink washer as the buffer.. Thats all the info I have.

DR#2086

Distinguished- 2086

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Empty Re: Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free!

Post by Mike38 Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Distinguished- 2086 wrote:while I don't have a Benelli 90 ( YET !!) I did come across this tidbit of info on what to use as a replacement. I'd be interested in knowing if it works for the Forum Members as I'm in the market for a Benelli when Larrys'.. hopefully, is back in Biz..
  TIP , Use a 3/8 Neoprene Sink washer as the buffer.. Thats all the info I have.

DR#2086

I don't think a washer (hole in the middle) will work. The recoil spring guide tube has to rest on the face of the buffer. Without the thickness of the buffer holding tension on the recoil spring guide tube, the recoil spring will have less tension on holding the bolt closed. Then you'll get light primer / rim strikes. Now a neoprene disk, with a thickness of around .180-.190 that just might work.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Empty Re: Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free!

Post by Mike J Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:32 pm

I just starting using my Benelli MP95E (22LR) after a very long hiatus.  Upon cleaning, I found the buffer was just a melted glob/mess.  You can scrape off chunks of it with your fingernail.  I tried Larry's Gun Shop but the inventory is "on-hold" waiting to be released to the Ohio Range - ETA 6 to 12 months.  I have no issue making one from a key fob or rubber material.  Can someone post a dimensional sketch on-line or can I purchase one to use as a template.  I would greatly appreciate it...

Mike J

Back to top Go down

Post by croesler Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Mike- You're over-complicating this effort!  I'll post dimensions for you tonight, but this is like horseshoes and handgrenades.  Close does the trick.  If you have the rubber or urethane material, you only need to cut out a rectangle that roughly fits the depression in the buffer holder.  Then trim off the corners or edges progressively so it fits into the depression.  It does NOT need to be an exactly fit so long as it holds in place long enough to get it back into your pistol.  A few shots smush the urethane enough that it spot-welds itself to the metal back plate.  I'll post photo and dimensions tonight if you want to wait.
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Empty Benelli buffer measurements / photos

Post by croesler Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:24 pm

Attached are two photos: One shows the factory buffer and one is made from a piece of urethane key fob.  I was able to make 6 from a single fob.  

The factory buffer measures 13.4mm x 14.4mm x 4.6mm thick, with slightly rounded corners.  My home-made version is 4.2mm thick. It seems to work fine. The photo demonstrates accuracy in measuring is not terribly important.  The rough cut version works absolutely fine.  

My own experience, looking at the red urethane example, is to just cut down progressively until it holds itself in place in the buffer-holder depression.  After a few shots it sort of impact welds itself to the metal holder.  I would definitely not worry about being super-exact.
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Empty Photo and measurements for Benelli buffers

Post by croesler Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:29 am

Measurements for replacement buffer to match factory is 13.4mm (wide) x 14.4mm (height) x 4.6mm (depth).   In photos brown plastic buffer is factory size, red "fob" buffer is 4.2mm thick (works fine).  Precise edge dimensions not really needed as shown.  Get it close, cut the corners off and you're good to go.
croesler
croesler

cstokes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:47 am

I used a 5/8" round hollow leather punch on those soft PVC keyfobs or similar material. No fuss, no muss...yields a nice round disc that fits with just enough resistance to hold it perfectly in place, no glue needed. Six buffers from one key fob, and they seem to last just like the Energizer bunny albino .
 Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Img_0910
 Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Img_0911
TonyH
TonyH

cstokes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 90/95 Better Recoil Buffer free! - Page 2 Empty Benelli MP95 E Recoil pad thickness

Post by cstokes Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:59 pm

Sticky; how thick are the recoil pads? I recently picked up a MP 95 and the buffer was disintegrated.

cstokes

Back to top Go down

Post by croesler Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:17 am

The factory buffer measures 13.4mm x 14.4mm x 4.6mm thick, with slightly rounded corners.  My home-made version is 4.2mm thick. It seems to work fine. The photos above demonstrate accuracy in measuring is not terribly important.  The rough cut version works absolutely fine. 
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Post by lee212 Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:55 pm

DavidR wrote:If you want a DIY tip on benellis as to the buffer. I will pass it along, I ordered several of Larry Carters buffers for my benelli and had issues with feeding, a friend and long time benelli owner showed, made me one that worked way better than the factory and Larrys, he took out the buffer and using one of those cheap advertising key fobs, you probily have them lying around, its the ones that are the same thickness as the buffer and made out of that  rubber that is translucent or solid color, long as its not the hard rubber kind, lay the buffer on it and outline with a sharpie then cut it out and put it in. I guarantee once you use one of these  you wont use anything else, doesnt crumble like the factory and cures many of the benellis function issues if you have them and lasts a long time.

Great tips. Thanks for sharing

lee212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2